I've had my Torch for 2-3 weeks now. I do not remember ever seeing the twitter app pre installed. I certainly don't remember deleting it. When I go to twitter to download the blackberry app it gives me a notice.

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones."

I don't use twitter that much, but would like it installed in case I do. It's really not my main concern, my main concern is that this is a bigger issue that I need to get resolved before I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work like it's supposed to and won't be able to run other apps. Any ideas? I'm still running the original OS.

Thanks!
    09-14-10 09:05 AM
    I've had my Torch for 2-3 weeks now. I do not remember ever seeing the twitter app pre installed. I certainly don't remember deleting it. When I go to twitter to download the blackberry app it gives me a notice.

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones."

I don't use twitter that much, but would like it installed in case I do. It's really not my main concern, my main concern is that this is a bigger issue that I need to get resolved before I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work like it's supposed to and won't be able to run other apps. Any ideas? I'm still running the original OS.

Thanks!
    Pretty simple -- make sure you have Desktop Manager 6 installed on your PC. Then go to the sticky post at the top of the page here and download the original OS. (The actual link is a little farther down the thread.) Install the OS, then run DM 6. Click on Applications in DM, and a list of apps will appear. Those that are on your phone will have an "Installed" next to them, those that aren't won't have anything but a plus button next to them. Scroll down to Twitter and click on the plus button, and it will change to "Pending Install." Click on Next or (Apply or whatever the option is to proceed), and there you are.
    09-14-10 09:18 AM
    Thanks for your reply, but it seems that the desktop software can't even connect with my device today. I did a back up yesterday and now it acts as if it isn't plugged in. Looks like I have bigger problems than the twitter app not installing.
    09-14-10 09:48 AM
    Restart your computer. Then plug in the device again and make sure you select "USB Drive" on the device when prompted. Then follow the instructions above.
    09-14-10 09:51 AM
    Thanks for all of the ideas. It is now installed. I have two little ones and not much time so I appreciate the helpful suggestions.
    09-14-10 10:13 AM
    Couldn't you have just turned it on via social feeds? That's how i use it. When I go to twitter mobile it also tells me that my device does not meet system requirements. Yet, I'm still able to use it via social feeds (and uber
    09-15-10 12:09 PM
    Couldn't you have just turned it on via social feeds? That's how i use it. When I go to twitter mobile it also tells me that my device does not meet system requirements. Yet, I'm still able to use it via social feeds (and uber
    I suppose I could have just used the mobile site but my main concern was why it wasn't working. I didn't want to just accept it the way it was because I had seen it installed on other Torch ownwer's devices. I like things to work as they should and couldn't accept the fact that my new phone didn't meet system rquirements. Once I pulled all the apps through the desktop manager it singled out the twitter app itself and updated it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-15-10 12:24 PM
    I suppose I could have just used the mobile site but my main concern was why it wasn't working. I didn't want to just accept it the way it was because I had seen it installed on other Torch ownwer's devices. I like things to work as they should and couldn't accept the fact that my new phone didn't meet system rquirements. Once I pulled all the apps through the desktop manager it singled out the twitter app itself and updated it.

hmmmm...thanks I may just try that myself. I also use uber and social feeds, so I wasn't overly concerned with the actual app. Although, I did think it was funny that it was a twitter for bb app, that wasn't compatible for my bb. Sort of like how i can't view att yahoo mail on the browser in the new mode, and the phone is att.... Thanks!
    09-15-10 12:31 PM
    The reason you get the "does not meet system requirements" is because the version that works with the Torch is a higher version than that which is available for all other devices, and it's only available with the OS 6 software. It's not that your device doesn't meet the requirements, it's actually the software you were trying to download doesn't meet the requirements of your device. You would get the same exact message trying to download Facebook or MySpace also.
    09-15-10 03:02 PM
    hmmmm...thanks I may just try that myself. I also use uber and social feeds, so I wasn't overly concerned with the actual app. Although, I did think it was funny that it was a twitter for bb app, that wasn't compatible for my bb. Sort of like how i can't view att yahoo mail on the browser in the new mode, and the phone is att.... Thanks!
    I read somewhere that it came preinstalled so I don't know where it was hiding on mine, but I found it when I used the desktop software and then it showed up in the phone after I updated. Hope you get yours working too. Like I mentioned, I just like things to work right.

09-15-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD