Checking the newest deals on DX and stumbled across this...hope you all laugh as hard as I did. This could have went into any forum, but I figured here would be good enough.
    06-12-11 10:34 PM
    What the ffff... hahaha
    06-12-11 10:43 PM
    How to make a famously thin phone phat?
    06-12-11 10:50 PM
    more like turn your iphone into an lg neon.... what a joke
    06-12-11 11:41 PM
    more like turn your iphone into an lg neon.... what a joke
    Yea you are right it does look more like a Neon for sure, I just couldn't believe that this was one of their add banners...
    06-13-11 02:57 PM
    I am sure you also saw their "forch" phone as well. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 03:25 PM
    ....finally....I'll now consider an iPhone!
    06-13-11 04:19 PM
    I am sure you also saw their "forch" phone as well. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had not, but the 12MP camera, 2 batteries and a price tag of only $82.50 looks very enticing...if only it would run OS 7...LOL

My real question is, if they can pack all of that into some knock off phone, the WiFi, GSM radio, Bluthtooth, TV tuner, FM tuner, huge camera, 2 SIM card slots, a dual camera, and whatever else it has on it that I am missing for a price tag under $100 and still make a profit somehow how. If you think about it, it makes our phones and every phone form iOS, BB, and Android look lacking, and MOST of the phones on DX have all these specs.

Now this is all with out ever having used one of these phone so I know nothing of the performance, but still...I would expect it works somewhat well or they wouldn't sell out of these things on DX all the time. I don't know, they could be the worst phones ever...but it makes me think that the three big players could do more, or a smaller/new player could take over the market...
    Last edited by rjkolo; 06-14-11 at 09:25 AM.
    06-14-11 09:19 AM
    What is special about the iPhone is the fact that it has the best touchscreen and touch-screen keyboard hands down. Attempting to create accessories that will turn it into another LG or Sony Ericsson are never going to succeed, especially with that price tag.
    06-14-11 11:27 AM
    I had not, but the 12MP camera, 2 batteries and a price tag of only $82.50 looks very enticing...if only it would run OS 7...LOL

My real question is, if they can pack all of that into some knock off phone, the WiFi, GSM radio, Bluthtooth, TV tuner, FM tuner, huge camera, 2 SIM card slots, a dual camera, and whatever else it has on it that I am missing for a price tag under $100 and still make a profit somehow how. If you think about it, it makes our phones and every phone form iOS, BB, and Android look lacking, and MOST of the phones on DX have all these specs.

Now this is all with out ever having used one of these phone so I know nothing of the performance, but still...I would expect it works somewhat well or they wouldn't sell out of these things on DX all the time. I don't know, they could be the worst phones ever...but it makes me think that the three big players could do more, or a smaller/new player could take over the market...
    In this case, when you buy a faux anything, you get exactly what you pay for...a knock-off in construction and in performance. Its like buying a Folex watch in Soho...don't expect Rolex performance...expect a 30 day wonder (and that is stretching it). Wouldn't it be funny if it was a Ronco...by the makers of Vega-matic and the Kitchen Magician, a Forch!!
    06-14-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD