Are there any applications for the Torch that will do turn by turn navigation with voice? If so what are the applications (preferably free) and how much data is used as the tool runs? I would like to use the phone for GPS Navigation if data use is not bad.
    01-06-11 12:47 PM
    I use wisepilot. It is free in the Blackberry AppWorld.

I find it uses about 1MB of data for about 50km of routing
    01-06-11 01:04 PM
    While far from free, if you're on ATT then AT&T Navigator works very well. At $10/mth it is pricey though.

I have a couple-year old Garmin Nuuvi GPS that was fantastic in its day. But Navigator is much better. It has many features my Garmin doesn't have, it's always current, and I particularly enjoy being able to get directions simply by choosing the "Drive To" feature from contacts, messages, etc.
    01-06-11 01:11 PM
    I use wisepilot. It is free in the Blackberry AppWorld.

I find it uses about 1MB of data for about 50km of routing
    I don't have access to Appworld in my country, can you please provide me with an OTA download link?

Thanks
    01-06-11 03:29 PM
    go to wisepilot.com via your Blackberry browser and you should be able to download a copy from there.

I've downloaded mine from Blackberry App World and it says a 5 day trial period. However I have used it for approximately 2 months and still have all the features available. Not sure if the website will provide you with the same version. Sorry.
    01-06-11 03:47 PM
    Ok thanks, I'll try that
    01-06-11 04:14 PM
    Waze. Works great.
    01-06-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD