Hi guys. My Blackberry Torch 9800 has officially died. Screen blacked out completely, touchscreen stopped working before that and now the keypad is gone as well.
    Because of that and being through a bb before, i switched to Android. A Samsung Galaxy S3 to be exact.
    I want to transfer my contacts, but i can't figure out how other than with the defunct google sync and or bluetooth.
    Is there possibly a way to do that using blackberry desktop manager? Once i don't have to use my bb to do it.
    PLEEESSEEE HELP!!!!! Thank you.
    03-07-13 10:58 PM
    Hi guys. My Blackberry Torch 9800 has officially died. Screen blacked out completely, touchscreen stopped working before that and now the keypad is gone as well.
    Because of that and being through a bb before, i switched to Android. A Samsung Galaxy S3 to be exact.
    I want to transfer my contacts, but i can't figure out how other than with the defunct google sync and or bluetooth.
    Is there possibly a way to do that using blackberry desktop manager? Once i don't have to use my bb to do it.
    It's pretty simple. I came from a 9650 to now a Note 2. Turn on the bluetooth on both devices. let them find each other. Once they do that go to the blackberry and select transfer contacts. When you do that the S3 will have a message on the screen stating its ready to receive the file you want to send from the blackberry. Select yes.It only takes a few seconds. All your contacts should transfer and be under their right headings for different phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, etc.
    naglaf likes this.
    03-07-13 11:21 PM
    How then would you transfer ringtones by Bluetooth? I have contacts and calendar transferred but need to send ringtones.
    07-07-13 08:26 PM
    If your BlackBerry is already dead, then how are you going to transfer your contacts to another phone? Do you have a backup of your contacts?
    07-08-13 09:04 PM