I was just wondering if there was an easy way to transfer my BlackBerry contacts to my SIM card. If it involves using desktop manager I have no problem doing so. I would also like to create an appropriate contact list from my BlackBerry to transfer to other devices (ipod, iphone etc).
    04-10-11 03:33 PM
    The SIM will only contain 1 name and 1 PHONE entry per contact. if you have emails and other information in the contact entry it will not be retained. Also can only transfer 1 item at a time.
    04-10-11 03:43 PM
    Like he said, from BB Contacts -> SIM is one at a time and only 1 phone number. Don't know if there's a 3rd party app. Once in the SIM, you can copy all records in the SIM phonebook back into contacts. If the new device accepts a SIM, you can try this.

As for creating an import list, the only way I've done it is by synching with Outlook, then exporting from Outlook to a CSV assuming the new device supports importing a CSV. I did this once to import a number of BB contacts into Yahoo's address book.

Otherwise I synch to Outlook, then switch devices and synch back to the new device.
    04-10-11 03:56 PM
    I concur. Using a csv file is the easiest way. Today I learned how to make another profile in outlook to save my hisband's contacts to outlook, completely seperate from mine. Wooooo hooooo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD