Hi everybody,

A friend gave me his Torch 9800 yesterday to replace my Bold 9700.
    I'm truly satisfied with this new device except I have one little problem.

The trackpad doesn't work properly at all, compared with my 9700 and even with other Torch phones. What is strange is that when the slider is closed, the touchpad works perfectly fine. However, when I open the phone to use the keyboard, then the trackpad becomes incredibly non-responsive. I sometimes have to scroll my finger 2 or 3 times over it before the phone understands it. As if it was very laggy.

I tried to update the software inside the phone to os 6 .723, the latest official i guess, but it didn't solve the problem.

Do you have any idea of what i can do to fix it ?
    I hope it can be solved, as it is very disturbing for me ; I am very used to using the trackball, and i think it's the best way to navigate through the phone when the keyboard is open...

Thank you in advance to those who will answer to help me with this

PS: sorry for my approximate English
    03-09-12 05:58 PM
    No idea ? Anyone ?...
    03-11-12 09:45 AM
    Options > Typing and Input > Trackpad Sensitivity.

See if that works.
    03-11-12 11:00 AM
    I already tried every setting possible from 0 to 100 but it doesnt change anything.

Its not a problem of sensitivity ; it seems that the movements I make with my finger over the trackpad are just not recognized
    03-11-12 01:54 PM
    I have the exact same problem, did you ever find a fix?
    04-02-13 07:18 PM
    sounds like u need a new main slider flex ribbon cable
    04-05-13 05:23 PM
    I have this same problem. I can select with my trackpad but cannot scroll in any direction. What is strange and can't find any reference to is that it actually says trackBALL instead of trackPAD. I was able to switch it back a few weeks ago and then it changed back again. I've done 1000 battery pulls, security wipe and reset to factory settings and nothing has worked. It's really annoying.
    04-27-13 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD