Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wingsguy
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trackpad is dead torch 9800

The trackpad on my torch 9800 has completely stopped functioning- tried many reboots and reloads of apps etc. All other touch and functions are functioning and all software is updated. Is this a hardware problem or is it a result of software upgrades? Beyond replacing the trackpad etc... any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Default Re: Trackpad is dead torch 9800

Mines dead too but I'm not too bothered because I use the touchscreen. This is the second time it's happened in about 6 months. Regarding your issue. The guy I work with told me it's hardware so I had everything changed, but last week it stopped again.

The front four keys where the track pad is does come off (to check for dirt under the keys) but it's pretty hard to stick it back in.

I can either take it into work or just be patient and wait for BB10.

It is pretty annoying tho.
    Thanked by:
    wingsguy (01-30-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks- tried all the cleaning etc I could get to. A blackberry without the trackpad is workable- but still very frustrating. Fingers crossed for BB 10 !
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Maybe this will help. Changing Torch flex cable
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Did you resolve your issue? @wingsguy
    CrackBerry User

Mine has died also. Acted up about a month ago and a reboot corrected issue. This time have tried several re-boots and operating systems and still no go.

Posting my problem embarrased it into working. It didn't work all weekend. Must have re-booted 20 times. Today installed a new Hybrid Operating System. Still didn't work. On second re-boot after operating system, it came back to life. No idea why???
    Last edited by dalej88; 02-11-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalej88 View Post
    Mine has died also. Acted up about a month ago and a reboot corrected issue. This time have tried several re-boots and operating systems and still no go.

Posting my problem embarrased it into working. It didn't work all weekend. Must have re-booted 20 times. Today installed a new Hybrid Operating System. Still didn't work. On second re-boot after operating system, it came back to life. No idea why???
    The bloody thing is intermttent, it happens to me all the time. Mines been dead for about 4weeks now but im not too bothered because luckily my touchscreen has no issues but I would prefere a functional trackpad. Silly thing
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am just curious if you go to Option, Typing and Language....does it say trackpad or trackball? I am having problems with it thinking it has a trackball instead of a trackpad. About 3-4 weeks ago I removed all of my 3rd party apps and it fixed it, but then again last week it reverted back to trackball.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Trackpad or trackball is under "Language"?

Under Options and then Typing and Input, I see Trackball Sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by nashultz View Post
    I am just curious if you go to Option, Typing and Language....does it say trackpad or trackball? I am having problems with it thinking it has a trackball instead of a trackpad. About 3-4 weeks ago I removed all of my 3rd party apps and it fixed it, but then again last week it reverted back to trackball.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have two 9800, one the track pad stopped working completely and the other the call buttons and track pad stop working but only when the slider is open. Anybody know for sure which bits are required to attempt a repair or should I change both the slider cable and track pad?
    Looking at the price of the bits on ebay I guess have nothing to lose! The first of the 9800 also has a broke usb socket, charges but no pc connectivity so I could use that first in case it all goes wrong so I know for the second one.