Hi guys,

I just lost (more like stolen) my recently bought torch while travelling in New Zealand. Firstly, i had an overseas blackberry data package from Dubai. So i called them and cancelled my service. So, the local providers such as vodafone, telecom here in Auckland couldnt help me since i'm not there customer. My service provider could only block my sim but wasnt able to block the phone itself. I've the original box and receipt with me, any ideas how can i block the phone. I know i cant locate the mobile, since i didnt installed blackberry protect on my new torch but ironically had already installed in my old bold. By blocking the phone, will give me some sort of satisfaction.

All suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    09-05-11 08:21 AM
    I think you can contact RIM and give them the pin of your Torch and they can make it inoperable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 08:37 AM
    What is RIM and how do I call them?

09-05-11 09:04 AM
    What is RIM and how do I call them?

RIM is the company that manufactured your phone. Phone service is provided through your carrier. Call your carrier's customer service number and report the phone as stolen. That won't help you get it back, but it will end your liability for calls on it. Note that if you do that, and then find the phone, your carrier may not enable it again. So don't report it stolen until you know you can't find it.
    09-05-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD