I'm on my second Torch in 3 days. My touch screen stops working. my second phone is now having the same issue after 8hrs of having it. I have tried removing my protective privacy screen and still no dice. Is anyone else having this issue. I love the phone, but am thinking of switching to the Bold or iPhone since I have not had a reliable phone yet.
    08-16-10 09:50 AM
    I haven't had any major issue. Every once in a while I'll tap a button and it won't respond, but if that happens I just use the trackpad. It's only happened a couple times since I got it so it's not a big deal to me. I use the trackpad much more than the touchscreen anyway. That's what sets this phone apart from all others, multiple input methods. Can't be beat!
    08-16-10 09:54 AM
    I haven't had any major issue. Every once in a while I'll tap a button and it won't respond, but if that happens I just use the trackpad. It's only happened a couple times since I got it so it's not a big deal to me. I use the trackpad much more than the touchscreen anyway. That's what sets this phone apart from all others, multiple input methods. Can't be beat!
    I also experience this issue. Sometimes the button responds after a few taps. Usually I just use track pad. It always seems to happen when installing an App. I don't think it happened anyplace else.
    08-16-10 10:03 AM
    I get no repsonse period. Only the track pad will work.
    08-16-10 10:14 AM
    I get no repsonse period. Only the track pad will work.
    Weird. This is making me rethink buying a Torch, I might just stick to my 9700 for a while lol.
    08-16-10 10:18 AM
    There's another thread here asking what country everyone's phone was made in, trying to deduce whether phones made in certain countries are more prone to issues than others. For the most part so far, phones made in Mexico seem to be OK. Look at the sticker on the box your phone came in and it should say where it was manufactured, as well as where accessories were manufactured (although that is irrelevant). If it says Mexico then the theory may be wrong, but if it says a different country, you may want to try and exchange it again for one that was made in Mexico.
    08-16-10 10:21 AM
    Have you guys tried rebooting your phones? Maybe that will help...
    08-16-10 10:23 AM
    My phone is made in Mexico. The removal of the battery does reset the screen. My only problem is I don't like that I am going to have to continually reset my brand new phone for it to continue to work properly
    08-16-10 11:53 AM
    This could be a dumb suggestion, but have you also tried adjusting the sensitivity setting for the touch screen? I would have figured that a battery pull would have taken care of problem.
    08-16-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD