I have been having problems with stopping the accidental hit of the onscreen mute or speaker buttons when I am using the phone. I noticed that if my face is too far away from the phone or I switch ears this can happen. Is there any way to lock the screen while I'm on the phone? If not, I'll have to be more careful

P.S- the Torch still rocks!!!!
    08-18-10 03:02 PM
    08-18-10 03:22 PM
    Thanks!! But this didn't answer my question. I don't have a privacy screen or anything like that on the phone. It's simply if I accidentally move the phone too far from my ear the screen becomes "active" and when the phone gets closer to my face an earring or my cheek hits a button by accident.

I'm trying to figure out if there's anyway to turn this feature off... It's cool, but doesn't really work with my girly accessories :-)
    Last edited by TrueHappiness; 08-19-10 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Further explanation
    08-19-10 12:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out if there's anyway to turn this feature off... It's cool, but doesn't really work with my girly accessories :-)
    can you try to play with the different levels of the touchscreen?
    under device.. under options?
    maybe it can help if it's not too sensitive?
    08-19-10 12:20 PM
    Well... if there were a way, (and I don't think there is) turning the feature off would mean the screen would be active all the time and that seems to be your complaint.

I know it sounds silly but I have already got used to tipping the top of my Torch towards my ear when switching sides which makes the prox switch in the phone the first thing that that could possibly come in contact with my head and therefore locking the screen.

You can also hold the tip of your finger over it and it will stay locked.
    08-19-10 12:34 PM
    I'll just get myself used to it. I took down the sensitivity some, and I will try to be more careful! Just wondering if there was a setting somewhere I didn't know about.
    08-20-10 12:28 PM
    You could also invest in a bluetooth headset, then it wouldn't be an issue.
    08-20-10 12:37 PM
    You could also invest in a bluetooth headset, then it wouldn't be an issue.
    Have 3 of them, and... I hate 'em!
    08-23-10 11:35 AM
    nevermind. I don't have any problems since I cut out a notch on my screen guard for the proximity sensor. If you don't have one though, I don't know what to tell ya!
    08-23-10 11:39 AM
    Get berry slider. It activates in the call screen so even if the proxy sensor goes off it won't let you hit any buttons. Plus I like that it auto locks and is an additional lock on top of the lock key. Version 5.1 will not work for me but for some it will. I ended up finding version 5.5 and that installed fine. Now I don't accidentally turn my network off anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD