Does anyone else have touchpad issues? My first torch's back and end button just stopped working one day with no water damage, so I went to a device support center and got a replacement one. The replacement phone worked great, until all of a sudden my phone would scroll randomly without me touching it. So I went back and got another replacement, but I smartened up this time and decided to check the phone -which is a good thing because 1) they forgot to transfer over my micro sd card, and 2) there were scrolling issues going up and down, but worked fine going left and right.

What really annoyed me was the representative that worked with me told me that it was normal due to it being a trackpad using sensors and not a trackball. All I could think of was how much she was trying to bs out of the situation just to get me out of there.

Anyways, they wouldn't replace the last phone and told me to contact warranty service. Any thoughts??
    06-10-11 04:58 PM
    There have been a few posts all over the forums about trackpad issues, and not just the torch. Your carrier should replace it again if your within your warranty period. If they wont then RIM themselves should warranty the device.
    sedalia066 likes this.
    06-10-11 05:02 PM
    Yeah that seems to be the case. I guess I need to just hit up RIM and hope I get lucky with one that doesn't have defects.

Edit: How would I go about contacting RIM directly and not deal with ATT?
    Last edited by pmusngi; 06-10-11 at 05:35 PM.
    06-10-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD