when the torch is placed on an object such as a table ...

and you try scrolling the phone by using the touchscreen ... it does not respond to the touch .. but as soon as you pick the phone up and hold it in your hand .. and you do the exact same thing you were doing while the phone was laying on the table ... it works

try it and see if it happens ... maybe its just my phone?
    09-20-10 08:41 AM
    Works fine for me - I don't see how placing the phone on the table could possibly effect the touchscreen's performance other than changing the way you touch it based on the different angle...
    09-20-10 09:03 AM
    Only thing that i can think of is the accelerometer.. Maybe it's stalling the device because it doesn't know if it's up or down?? Just a thought..
    09-20-10 09:13 AM
    its weird ... when i place it on my desk ... and i try to select stuff ... it does not work .. i dont get it? ....

the only other thing i can think of is that the screen protector i have on it might be effecting it ... but why is it only effectiong the phone when it is placed on a table?
    09-20-10 09:20 AM
    Mine work just fine laying flat.
    09-20-10 09:21 AM
    i picked up the phone just a bit from the table .. about 1 cm .. and it works .. as soon as i put it back down on a hard surface .. it stops working .. so weird ?!?!

update - if i push down the phone agianst the table and then try selecting something .. it works ... or if i push down hard on the screen while laying on object .. it works .. otherwise i have to hold the phone in my hand ... this is weird ..
    Last edited by insaini; 09-20-10 at 09:25 AM.
    09-20-10 09:22 AM
    The TS needs to be grounded in order to function properly. That means you have to touch the phone in two places. If you set it down and then only touch the screen it isn't grounded and won't work.

Noobs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 09:33 AM
    The TS needs to be grounded in order to function properly. That means you have to touch the phone in two places. If you set it down and then only touch the screen it isn't grounded and won't work.

Noobs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL i knew there was something up with it ... thanks for the response
    09-20-10 09:37 AM
    ^^ Interesting. That's not the case with my Storm. I've just placed it on a rubber covered binder (to make sure it's not grounding) and the TS works just fine.
    09-20-10 09:38 AM
    I think that was sarcasm lol
    09-20-10 09:47 AM
    Lol..seemed like a reasonable explaination to me
    09-20-10 09:52 AM
    I think that was sarcasm lol
    it wasnt sarcasm ... as soon as i place two fingers on the torch ... it works perfectly

and when i remove my fingers .. and just touch the screen ... it does not work ...

didnt know this was the case at all ... surprising!
    09-20-10 09:53 AM
    Ok well mine works fine without "grounding" it.

I've tried it on a wood and a glass table. Not touching the phone except for the finger used on the touchscreen.
    09-20-10 10:02 AM
    Same with me... I can place the phone back down, flat on ANY surface an only touch the screen and it selects and scrolls perfectly fine.
    09-20-10 10:13 AM

I've tried it on a wood and a glass table. Not touching the phone except for the finger used on the touchscreen.
    Same for me except on the glass table.
    09-20-10 10:24 AM
    I have to touch mine before I can touch the screen as well
    09-20-10 10:28 AM
    if you place your torch on a bed it definetely wont work!! try it!! sometimes a pillow too...it just wont work try it
    09-20-10 10:55 AM
    I have to wear rubber boots for my touch screen to work properly.
    09-20-10 11:26 AM
    Mine works fine on couch and bed - nothing touching except the one finger used to touch the screen.
    09-20-10 12:08 PM
    Tested mine on a wood table and my bed and it works fine with only 1 finger touching the touch screen. I don't think it has anything to do with grounding. If it did, then wouldn't people with rubber/plastic cases on their phones have problems?
    09-20-10 12:20 PM
    Yes, I was serious...it's a grounding issue. Some surfaces will conduct and some will not. For example, my screen works when the phone is sitting on my desk, but not if it's sitting on the bed. Well, not most of the time anyway. Plugging the device into the power cord is a fine substitute for holding the phone, BTW. All the phones (iPhones, Droids, etc) that I know of with capacitive Touch screens react the same way. I'm sure someone else could explain why some surfaces work and some don't, but I'm just relaying what I've experienced with four different touch screen phones and what has been posted on Crackberry in the past. I'm sure a search of the Storm forum will yield some good information, since it was the first TS BB and everyone was freaking out about this for awhile!
    09-20-10 07:31 PM
    My torch doesn't do this but my storm2 does. It's pretty weird.

when the torch is placed on an object such as a table ...

and you try scrolling the phone by using the touchscreen ... it does not respond to the touch .. but as soon as you pick the phone up and hold it in your hand .. and you do the exact same thing you were doing while the phone was laying on the table ... it works

try it and see if it happens ... maybe its just my phone?
    09-20-10 07:49 PM
    Yes, I was serious...it's a grounding issue. Some surfaces will conduct and some will not. For example, my screen works when the phone is sitting on my desk, but not if it's sitting on the bed. Well, not most of the time anyway. Plugging the device into the power cord is a fine substitute for holding the phone, BTW. All the phones (iPhones, Droids, etc) that I know of with capacitive Touch screens react the same way. I'm sure someone else could explain why some surfaces work and some don't, but I'm just relaying what I've experienced with four different touch screen phones and what has been posted on Crackberry in the past. I'm sure a search of the Storm forum will yield some good information, since it was the first TS BB and everyone was freaking out about this for awhile!
    Well I've tried a wood desk, a glass desk, my couch and my bed - all work fine. Running out of materials here to prove you right!
    09-20-10 08:05 PM
    Well I've tried a wood desk, a glass desk, my couch and my bed - all work fine. Running out of materials here to prove you right!
    Take the battery out...that should do it!
    09-20-10 08:10 PM

Yup, same goes for me as well.
    09-20-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD