Alright, new to the forums, hi how ya doin.

Okay, just recently got my BBTorch9800 through Rogers on their 3G network and it is deadly. I have one problem however, when I recieve a text message from someone, and I open it by tapping the screen, it takes me to some random midpoint in the message instead of the bottom of the conversation where the newly sent message can be found.

I'm sure this isn't the only topic with this subject, but again, new, its late, im cranky, lazy and the search function doesn't like me anyways.

Any help would be much much appreciated.
    04-07-11 11:12 PM
    Alright, new to the forums, hi how ya doin.

Okay, just recently got my BBTorch9800 through Rogers on their 3G network and it is deadly. I have one problem however, when I recieve a text message from someone, and I open it by tapping the screen, it takes me to some random midpoint in the message instead of the bottom of the conversation where the newly sent message can be found.

I'm sure this isn't the only topic with this subject, but again, new, its late, im cranky, lazy and the search function doesn't like me anyways.

Any help would be much much appreciated.
    It sounds like you have the older OS, .246. This is a bothersome "bug" of this OS. However, the is a "fix". Download .448 from UK3 and it will go to the first unread post, as well as fixing other bothersome "glitches" with .246.

You can get 448 here from UK 3
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039

1. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

2. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

4. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

enjoy the new OS.

This is an official upgrade from RIM and will not void your warranty with your carrier. Some carriers do not have this latest official RIM release for unknowns reasons (like my carrier, AT&T) but you will have no problems with the upgrade.
    04-07-11 11:52 PM
    Yeaaaah.. To get that OS, it's saying I have to sign up to some website claiming that I must only use this new OS on a UK-3 owned network and such.

Seems a bit sketchy.
    04-08-11 07:00 PM
    Plenty of leaks out there to make your head spin. Click on the link below & read all the info before performing any update OS if your a novice. That what I did. The update will greatly improve your torch & fix any bugs.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    04-08-11 07:24 PM
    Yeaaaah.. To get that OS, it's saying I have to sign up to some website claiming that I must only use this new OS on a UK-3 owned network and such.

Seems a bit sketchy.
    Really It never asked me that question that I remember. I have AT&T as a carrier but they don't offer the .448 OS upgrade so I used the UK3, which is a provider in the UK.

Edit:

OK, I saw what you are referring to. It doesn't make a difference because it has been downloaded by many users on other networks, not just UK3. I've been using the UK3 provided OS for several months now and I am not being chased down by the UK3 secrete police.
    But if you feel uneasy about it, that's your decision and I won't try to talk you into it.
    Last edited by ghostryder12; 04-08-11 at 07:41 PM.
    04-08-11 07:35 PM
    Diffently a .246 bug. Above recommendation on os upgrade would be my suggestion as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 08:22 PM
    Haha I'm such a rookie when it comes to the BB stuffs. I'll take a look into it before I go out and make any rash decisions, but if its from RIM, it can't really hurt right :P?

Is there an update log as to what other "glitches" it takes care of? The texting thing is the only real problem I've had.
    04-08-11 09:33 PM
    I used to feel uneasy as well when I first came into the BlackBerry world. CrackBerry is a great community with great people. I recommend to go with an OS update and the users will be right there for any questions you may encounter. Everyone started where you are, new.
    04-08-11 11:48 PM
    Haha I'm such a rookie when it comes to the BB stuffs. I'll take a look into it before I go out and make any rash decisions, but if its from RIM, it can't really hurt right :P?

Is there an update log as to what other "glitches" it takes care of? The texting thing is the only real problem I've had.
    The opening of text messages in the middle was a HUGE .246 bug and the .448OS was the first upgrade to fix this issue. The browser is faster, the battery will start lasting looonger compared to .246, scrolling is faster, response when using your fingers on the screen is MUCH faster...That's all I can remember right now.
    04-09-11 07:11 PM
    Rogers has already released .448, available for download on the blackberry website. You can grab that, and install it. Should fix ur texting issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD