Hi folks,

I currently own a Torch 9800 with O.S. 6.0.0.337 build 1165 and I have a strange and annoying problem each time I travel outside my home country:

Per special roaming agreements, I need to stay on one specific mobile operator while I'm abroad, so I manually select the network, choose "not to go into automatic mode when the selected network is not available" and register into it.

Later on, when I check the options again, I see everything is in "automatic" mode again! So sometimes I end up registered with another provider without noticing it, thus, incrementing my roaming bill.

Is there some option I don't know about? I don't mind getting "no service" for a while as long as I stick to that network in particular.

Thanks.!
    05-05-11 03:21 AM
    After making the network changes to manual, try pressing the menu button and selecting 'save', versus using the back button to exit and save. Don't use the red end button to exit the menu.

Some people found the menu button + save work better than back+save for changing the language options...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 09:19 AM
    I dont have any save button when selecting network...

Just "exit"

05-05-11 12:03 PM
    If the settings won't take, it could be a problem with the OS. I would try reloading it, or even better upgrading. Unless anyone has a differrent method to prevent the network from drifting...

05-05-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD