So, my Torch automatically connects me to wifi's in other places (that I've set up previously), but at home, it does not do so for 95% of the time.

I have deleted and reconnected (or tried to) the connection to my home wifi tens of times with no luck.

What am I doing wrong?
    06-20-11 06:21 AM
    WEP or WPA encryption? I have seen quite a few posts about not being able to connect to wifi when the encryption is WEP.
    06-20-11 06:53 AM
    What is the model of your wifi router? you might have set it to allow only certain devices at your home e.g mac/ip addresses. Linksys with ddwrt firmware has Mac Filter feature in which only certain mac addresses are allowed to connect. Access Restriction do the same thing.

HTH!
    06-20-11 06:53 AM
    Have you run a Site Survey and/or Wi-Fi Diagnostics on your Torch to see if there is problem with your router? Go into the Setup Wi-Fi screen and click Menu->Troubleshoot. Most routers ship on channel 6 so if you simply unboxed your router and plugged it in, it is probably clashing with a neighbor. A site survey will show all routers in range. Try changing your router to use channel 1 or 11. Wi-Fi Diagnostics will show why your Torch can't connect to your router, or why it can't authenticate, or why it can't reach the BIS server.

The Wi-Fi forum is a treasure trove of advice for solving connection issues. You can try rummaging through the posts over there too for ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD