I had 40 percent battery remaining and did a pull battery. When I turned it back on, it went to the Blackberry Loading screen then the bar at the bottom fills. It then goes to this screen and hangs.

Help? I just got the Blackberry today.
    07-13-11 10:35 PM
    your phone is not detecting or recocognizing your battery........plug into the charger without the battery then when u see the red light slap the batterry back in hope this works for you....
    07-13-11 11:43 PM
    your phone is not detecting or recocognizing your battery........plug into the charger without the battery then when u see the red light slap the batterry back in hope this works for you....
    Le Sigh. It's the official BlackBerry F-S1 Standard Battery too. That didn't work.
    07-13-11 11:46 PM
    Le Sigh. It's the official BlackBerry F-S1 Standard Battery too. That didn't work.
    that is not an oem blackberry battery .......get yourself an oem battery for the torch and your issue will be solved... to prevent counterfit batteries its a self programmed action the phone will do to prevent running of these batteries that rim put in....
    Last edited by carullo; 07-14-11 at 12:23 AM.
    07-14-11 12:18 AM
    How is that not OEM????? It came with the goddamn phone, has multiple Blackberry logos on it and when I google it it comes back as OFFICIAL OEM RIM Blackberry battery for the Torch 9800.
    07-14-11 12:35 AM
    It appears like the battery or the charger is faulty, I'd consider the battery more likely to be the cause. Since this is a new handset, get it checked and replaced under warranty. if no warranty options are available then replace the battery.
    07-14-11 04:16 AM
    How is that not OEM????? It came with the goddamn phone, has multiple Blackberry logos on it and when I google it it comes back as OFFICIAL OEM RIM Blackberry battery for the Torch 9800.
    didnt mean to frustrate you......the phone mightve been a bring back if u purchased it from a carrier.....sometimes people buy from ebay etc.....and these knock off batteries do slip in(not necesseraly yours)....either wayyour battery is pooched.......hopefully you can bring it in under warranty or a least ge the battery replaced...........good luck hpoe you get it resolved.. too pricey of a device to have bull**** like that.
    07-14-11 11:11 AM
    Spoke with a friend of a friend who's a senior engineer at RIM. Seems batteries have to be programmed before they work in the Blackberry Torch 9800 and Blackberry Pearl 9100. eBay seller confirmed this and told me he made an honest mistake with not sending a programmed battery. So the company is sending a new one and hopefully should work.
    07-15-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD