I've been trying to backup my phone and it gets to almost the end, then it says "Error backing up". I've tried several times and it keeps doing this. I'm also trying to upgrade to .337 and DM says there is no upgrade available...yet my Torch is running .246. Help!
    01-03-11 02:11 PM
    Don't back up all.
    Just back up specific ones.
    Like address book, profiles, messagesand BlackBerry Messenger contacts etc.

You can ugrade your device with or without desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 02:17 PM
    OS updates are released by your carrier. If they have not released the .337 version to their customers, you will have to update it manually. OS updates are not carrier specific either. With RIM, if it works for a BB on one carrier, it works on them all. Download links and instructions on how to update yopur phone are in a sticky at the top of this forum.

01-03-11 02:21 PM
    Download 337 from here >>> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BE2BF2D3D7ECE3

After it installs, make sure you delete the vendor.xml file from here:

Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

then just run apploader.exe from that same folder to start the update to 337.

Before you do that, please ensure that you create a back up using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager incase anything goes wrong.
    01-03-11 02:30 PM
    I just attempted to backup my Torch on DM6 and the "backup" options are greyed out. Any idea how to get them functional?
    01-20-11 12:50 PM
    I just attempted to backup my Torch on DM6 and the "backup" options are greyed out. Any idea how to get them functional?
    IT policies can prevent you from using DM6 to do backups. Is your device activated with a BES?
    01-20-11 12:53 PM
    No, I'm BIS.
    01-20-11 05:03 PM
    I've never had an issue with an error message while backing up my Torch, however I did with my Bold 9000 on OS 5.0. If I didn't clear my browser cache before attempting the backup I'd get the error message every single time. Maybe give that a try.

01-20-11 06:45 PM
    Does you phone sync with DM6?
    01-22-11 12:08 AM
    Not sure if you're referring to me or OP, but mine will sync with DM6, just the "backup" options are greyed out.
    01-22-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD