With the 9800 Torch being on at&t network how would it would fare up against the current iphones?!...reason for me asking because all this hype over the 9800 but majority of the people I come across/encounter that is using the crappy at&t network unfortunately has a iphone...I rarely(or if any) come across someone that uses at&t and not have a iphone; predominantly all their users have iphones. So with me saying this how would the 9800 do when the flagship device for at&t is the iphone. not many customers are going to drop their iphone for the torch even with antennagate lingering. just a thought!
    08-06-10 11:23 AM
    Answer is easy:

You want keyboard or not?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/q-...screen-509691/

If yes, go Torch. If no, go iPhone or Droid.

=)
    08-06-10 11:41 AM
    I wish people would stop comparing these two devices as if they are intended for the same target audience. Some people will prefer the iphone features. Others will prefer the Torch features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 12:46 PM
    I wish people would stop comparing these two devices as if they are intended for the same target audience. Some people will prefer the iphone features. Others will prefer the Torch features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well said...Let's live in the present and in the same reality...we can only wish that the Torch was as good as the iPhone, forget better but that is not the situation at present. There was too much unwarranted hype about the Torch being an iPhone or Android killer. Most RIM users would prefer a more aggressive approach to innovation. RIM has the dominant share of the business professional market and is making improvements in the consumer arena. If you want an entertainment device that is basically an iPod on steroids with a phone and no QWERTY keyboard, then get the i4. If you want a serious communication device with a growing amount of entertainment, longer battery life and a keyboard as well as not HAVING to buy a case for signal reception, get the Torch. Otherwise, move on.
    08-06-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD