I have a coworker that is so apple its not funny. We spend a fair amount of time lobbing good hearted jabs and such. The other day I was in his office looking at the recent ipad vs playbook browser comparison video here on cb.com. We were chatting about it and I said...hey, we've never done the obligatory side by side iphone vs torch load speed test.

We each picked a site and hit go at the same time (wifi connected). Torch loaded faster in all cases! Even rendered the pages better from a desktop comparison perspective. One looked just wrong from a layout perspective on the iphone. Once loaded however the iphone scrolling and such was way smoother sooner. The torch loaded faster and completed the load but needed some time to "digest" before the screen reactions were as smooth.
    11-17-10 04:01 PM
    By my experience, the iPhone browser is usually a little faster, but this is over 3G networks. However, if you were to run the acid3 and HTML5 tests, the BlackBerry browser smokes everything except maybe 2.2 Android browsers (haven't seen them tested yet). This is why the BB may render some sites better than other phones.

In the end, even if there are faster browsers out there, I would not want to give up my keyboard shortcuts (W, T, B, R, etc...). That alone makes the BB browser far superior in terms of actual usability than any other mobile browser.
    11-17-10 06:53 PM
    Your real world findings simply cannot be . We don't have a fast enough processor, lol
    11-17-10 08:28 PM
    By my experience, the iPhone browser is usually a little faster, but this is over 3G networks. However, if you were to run the acid3 and HTML5 tests, the BlackBerry browser smokes everything except maybe 2.2 Android browsers (haven't seen them tested yet). This is why the BB may render some sites better than other phones.

In the end, even if there are faster browsers out there, I would not want to give up my keyboard shortcuts (W, T, B, R, etc...). That alone makes the BB browser far superior in terms of actual usability than any other mobile browser.
    i like your take on blackberries, and i like blackberries
    11-17-10 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD