Is there any way to get the Torch to work on Verizon ?
    Thanks
    Harvey
    09-05-10 11:08 PM
    NO.. here's the thing..Verizon is CDMA...( no SIM card)
    for you to activate a phone.. you will need to call the Customer Service and have the phone activated...
    comparing it to a GSM phone where yo simply put the SIM card in the SIM card slot of any phone..
    09-05-10 11:21 PM
    I saw a verizon SIM Card two days ago. thinking of it can work with other GSM phones.
    09-06-10 01:12 AM
    I think our Torch is going Android! Check out this article, Motorola portrait slider Android Phone coming to Verizon?. The picture of it looks similar to the BB Torch.
    09-06-10 01:28 AM
    Though I am a Verizon user I think it is a little nutty that RIM would delegate their iPhone/Droid response to just one US carrier. I am willing to wait for a Torch...but not too long. Droid may be my only option for the next level of Smart Phone. I prefer to have a Torch.
    09-06-10 05:05 AM
    No offense but the Search Forum feature would be nice. The overwhelming consesus is that a snowball would have a better chance. The Torch was developed in partnership with AT&T. The 9000 never left for other carrier as is likely with the Torch. The most likely VZW BB is the S3. If you really want a Torch, change carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD