Please I need support of any BB Torch 9800 user: Is there a chance to search with OS6 Universal Search in the body of notes and in the note field of Contacts ? I did it successfully with my previous BB 8900 curve with OS 4.6. Thanks
    02-13-11 11:40 AM
    Don't think so. There was a recent thread about this (probably more than a few since OS6 debuted). It might be addressed in future updates so keep an eye out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/di...9780-a-582177/
    02-13-11 12:13 PM
    Do you know if a third party BB ap for OS6 implements the full text search inside any Memopad body or notes field in Contacts
    02-13-11 12:49 PM
    I case you didn't know: if you start Universal Search and then press the menu key -> Search Options you can set/see all the choices the Universal Search will look through.
    02-13-11 03:25 PM
    I case you didn't know: if you start Universal Search and then press the menu key -> Search Options you can set/see all the choices the Universal Search will look through.
    That works for searching the document titles, but not text inside a memo document for instance. Maybe this works on one of the leaked OS's, I wouldn't know as I only use official versions. The OP is correct in that you could word search memos on the older OS though.
    02-13-11 04:15 PM
    I was not suggesting that it has any option to search inside message/memo/contact/cal bodies. Just maybe letting him know that this exists.
    A lot of users do not know about it. I uncheck quite a few as it can speed up searches.
    Universal Search has not changed in .450 (.450 is official now)
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-13-11 04:23 PM
    I have lot of difficulty in locating telephone nos when I have to check my bills, for example without the suffix like area code etc., anyway this can be overcome, my curve did not have this isue. Torch has....this issue
    11-10-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD