I have had my Torch on Rogers since it's release in the USA. It has been working fine up until yesterday.

I noticed Rogers has been pushing BULL**** to my phone (Zoompass, Rogers Store.. etc) the last few days and yesterday my phone's data connection seems to have died. I called rogers and they resent my service books.

I received the following error.

When the phone is connected to WiFi, everything works perfectly fine - WiFi, BBM, Browser.

When the phone is JUST connected to 3G, nothing works unless it's an app that uses an APN (Google maps, berryblab..etc). Anything that goes through the RIM network, doesn't seem to work (Email, BBM)

I called Rogers back and the guy just sent the services books again. He said that Rogers is likely "Blocking" my phone because it's not a Rogers phone (even though my phone is unlocked, and I have at least 8 unlocked phones on Rogers, I'm a developer).

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

I'm running .214
    09-22-10 08:58 AM
    Now I'm getting ...

Cannot log in:

Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
    Rogers at 1-866-931-DATA (3282).
    When I try to login to the BIS on Rogers.

#WastingMyMorning.
    09-22-10 09:25 AM
    Ok.. reactivated.

Still not receiving data, not via WiFi anymore either.
    09-22-10 09:37 AM
    Try upgrading to .225. I lost BIS on .214, updated to .225 and have had BIS since..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 11:07 AM
    I am curious to see if anyone else on Rogers with an unlocked Torch has run into anything similar.. Could be Rogers doing whatever maintenance needed that's been causing delays with other carriers up here, and hopefully means that they are doing what is needed to get the phones out Friday.
    09-22-10 01:10 PM
    i've had an att torch since it came out too, working on rogers no problems at all. Rogers did push all their crap to my phone (backup, music, my account etc) and it loaded fine.

Its working just like any other phone. NOt sure what the problem might be...
    09-22-10 05:51 PM
    it happened to me too this morning. sometime i saw GSM, then Edge. someone at work with an iphone 3gs had the same problem. i called home, my son said his Rogers 9700 with E too. i'm sure it's Rogers thing
    09-22-10 06:44 PM
    Mine is all fixed up again now.

I had to put the latest OS, then erase all of my email addresses from the device, then readd them and then push the service books
    09-22-10 09:21 PM
    I am curious to see if anyone else on Rogers with an unlocked Torch has run into anything similar.. Could be Rogers doing whatever maintenance needed that's been causing delays with other carriers up here, and hopefully means that they are doing what is needed to get the phones out Friday.
    I had a similar problem on Bell a couple of weeks ago. Spent a couple hours talking with them to get it fixed. Had to do a complete wipe and OS reload and get them to manually send the service books.
    09-22-10 09:49 PM
    rogers has been having issues... for the past week or so i have been dropping from edge to 3g and yesterday was GSM for most of the morning. then i had EDGE but no data was going in and out... then 3G all of a sudden appeared again in the afternoon...
    09-23-10 09:24 AM
    I have been useing the torch since day 1 on Bell. I have had no issues with anything. I have yet to see any zoom pass or Bell crap appear on my phone.
    09-23-10 09:27 AM
    From CP24:

CP24- Rogers cell customers hit with service outage - CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television

Wed Sep. 22 2010 10:50:09 PM

Rogers cell customers hit with service outage
    Web Staff, cp24.com

Rogers cellphone customers experienced what technicians are calling a "critical, severe shortage" Wednesday night, with many customers across the Greater Toronto Area unable to make calls or send and receive text messages for several hours.

Customers using data services did not seem to be affected, says a representative from the company.

First signs of the outage were seen just after 8:30 p.m., but the system was functioning again by about 10:30 p.m.
    09-23-10 10:30 AM
    I know this is an old thread, however I'm currently using the Blackberry Torch 9860 that I bought straight from RIM and I'm getting these issues as well... and it's 2012. Every time I try to connect on the Rogers 3G network, it is never able to pick it up and it only connects to the 2G. I tried and putting it in a search for only 3G networks and the results come up as Wind 3G. Me having a Rogers sim card means that will not work.

I've tried almost everything and I even updated to 7.1 unfortunately. I've called RIM and I've called Rogers and they said it could be that it wasn't unlocked properly or something like that. Would anyone be able to help?
    12-15-12 10:53 AM
    this problem was with me also. i almost faced it for 3 days. it hust kept swapping from edge to GSM and sometimes 3G. it was frustating but it got fixed on its own later. after a long wait of 3 days.
    12-15-12 11:19 AM
    I would suggest you ask this in the 9860 forum. The 9800 (this forum) does not run OS7 and is quite a different device despite the same name.

Good Luck
    12-16-12 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD