Need your help guys! Earlier today, I noticed that some coffee spilled on the torch, but it was a very small amount.

I wiped it off right away and the phone was working fine. After 5 minutes, when I slid down the keyboard, it started typing on its own. The alt key was activated and the Torch started typing random letters. But when I slid the keyboard back in, it works fine. The malfunction only happens when the keyboard is slid down!

What Can I possible do? Right now, I just took the battery off.
    05-10-11 12:14 AM
    I'm guessing the coffee probably dried (it wil b a syrupy mixture if you use sugar n your coffee) and now your keys are sticking. I don't know how to take the torch apart to clean it. You may be out of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 06:33 AM
    From your description, it sounds like your keys were shorting because of the liquid.

Remove your battery first!!

If you still have the problem, you could dunk a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and wet the keyboard a bit just where the drip was
    Then after a couple of seconds, flip your phone face down to keep the alcohol from penetrating deeper. Allow it to dry and try it again.

05-10-11 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the help guys! My Torch is not as bad now, when I slide the keyboard down, for some reason, ALT is automatically pressed/activated! But all the typing has stopped.

So right now, it works normally when using the touch screen keyboard but ALT is automatically activated when the slide is down.
    05-10-11 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the help guys! My Torch is not as bad now, when I slide the keyboard down, for some reason, ALT is automatically pressed/activated! But all the typing has stopped.

So right now, it works normally when using the touch screen keyboard but ALT is automatically activated when the slide is down.
    Repeat the alcohol cleaning process on the alt keys. There might also be some schmutz stuck on the underside of the screen/slider hitting the button on the way up

05-10-11 10:40 AM
    I just noticed that the keypad lights are no longer evenly distributed. This does not bode well. Oh no!
    05-10-11 10:45 AM
    It might be too late, since you continued using the moisture damaged device, but you could try the tips given here.
    05-10-11 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD