This is weird. I have very moist hands and the trackpad does not track my or my sister's fingers well. It works fine when other people use it or with cloth or my arm.

I can use my mothers 9700 fine without any problems.
    I don't use the trackpad very often but fot a $700 device, it should work fine! If I sent it for RMA, nobody will believe me.

Now what?
    12-13-10 04:02 AM
    Same here!!!
    12-13-10 04:14 AM
    wipe your hands on your pants more often. or try alcohol based hand sanitizers. they dry your hands out if you use it alot. if your hands are that moist, maybe you have an underlying medical condition like palmar hyperhidrosis. or learn to keep your hands open more while at rest to allow more air help dry them off. maybe try using a little bit of baby powder on your hands
    Last edited by dictoresno; 12-13-10 at 04:43 AM.
    12-13-10 04:39 AM
    If it is so evident as you see it, I say take it back to the shopt and get a replacement or replace the trackpad. Some of the newer BBs especially on the Curve 3G have this problem where you would scroll and either nothing would happen or your finger would stick on it, where as a on a 9700 or even a Curve 8520, no matter what your hand's conditions is, it'll work. I hear ya there, it's not that hard to fix, just get the trackpad replaced it shouldn't work that way. I know that extreme moist fingers would affect it but not to that amount of sensitivity.
    12-13-10 07:22 AM
    Keep in mind the trackpad is essentially a tiny camera that tracks the movement of the finger ridges that run overtop of it (or any other rough-textured object like cloth). The smoother the surface is, the less sensetive the trackpad will become.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 07:28 AM
    The way the touch screen works is with electricity. If there is water between the finger and screen there will be dificulty in reading the elecricity.

There isnt much you can do other than finding a way to dry your hands..

I thought we were talking about the touch screen. Ignore this post.

Wet hands really shouldnt change performance. Replacement device plox.
    12-13-10 07:28 AM
    I had the same issue. Trackpad worked one minute with no issues and then, literally, did not work the next minute. Mine also worked with a cloth over my finger. I have no idea what caused it, as I do not have an issue with my hands being moist. I had to get the phone replaced through warranty exchange a couple of months ago and I haven't had the issue since (knock on wood).
    12-13-10 09:22 AM
    Well I tried my friend's torch and the trackpad worked fine. His fingers and my girlfriends work fine on mine though.

So I'm going to take my phone back and try to get a replacement. I don't know how successful I will be but hopefully I'll get a replacement. If they don't replace it, how much does a new trackpad cost and where will I be able to buy one. I'm quite experienced with assembling computer parts/computer consoles; will I be able to replace the trackpad myself?

Ok so these things aren't that expensive at <$10 a piece.
    Last edited by hatim5152; 12-13-10 at 10:55 AM.
    12-13-10 10:52 AM
    i do too. **** never moves or skips too much when i scroll
    12-13-10 07:29 PM
    The Curve 3G and Torch are known to having low quality trackpads I have personally tried 2 pieces and thye had the exact same issue, both in the Curve 2G and in the Torch, it just doesn't work sometimes, unlike the Bold trackpad which always works no matter how damp your fingers are, I never had a problem
    12-14-10 01:13 AM
    I have the solution for those of you with sticky/moist fingers: get the Bold 9000.
    Last edited by the brother; 12-15-10 at 11:25 AM.
    12-14-10 09:45 AM
    The Curve 3G and Torch are known to having low quality trackpads I have personally tried 2 pieces and thye had the exact same issue, both in the Curve 2G and in the Torch, it just doesn't work sometimes, unlike the Bold trackpad which always works no matter how damp your fingers are, I never had a problem
    I think the thinking behind this is slightly flawed since we all know RIM uses the same parts in many different models. So the trackpad in the curve 3g, 9780, 9800, pearl 3g, and so on would all be the same. There is certainly problems with the hardware from time to time, but in no way is this model specific.
    12-14-10 09:52 AM
    I have this problem, i think its just the trackpad. Its not as sensitive as it makes out, mines on 80% and still id rather use the screen to scroll lol.
    12-14-10 09:54 AM
    I got the trackpad changed yesterday and now works flawlessly.
    12-25-10 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD