Deciding which phone i should upgrade to. Please what are the major differences of these devices. Thanks I have never used a Torch before and I have always been a Curve Bold guy.
    08-03-11 08:53 PM
    Plenty of info on here, just do a search.
    08-03-11 09:00 PM
    Its just a beefed up version of the original ... Not a huge difference ...
    08-03-11 09:02 PM
    08-03-11 09:56 PM
    Here's a better question. Is the Torch worth getting as i currently have a Bold 9700 and im really enjoying it. Just want to see if it's worth it.
    08-03-11 10:14 PM
    Here's a better question. Is the Torch worth getting as i currently have a Bold 9700 and im really enjoying it. Just want to see if it's worth it.
    The 9700 was my favorite phone, but it was time to move on. The 9700 came with OS5, the torch1 came with OS6, now the T2 as its call has more to offer the an updated OS. Is it worth it, that's up to you.
    08-03-11 10:26 PM
    I went from an 8900, to 9700, to 9780, to Torch. Love the Torch. Torch 2 is even better, not just beefed up.

Seeing those videos on the main page really has me convinced that BlackBerry users have never seen a BlackBerry like the OS7 BBs.
    08-03-11 10:44 PM
    I am still wondering if we can swap internals and the LCD and perhaps change out 9800's into the new models =) I guess only a good teardown will tell!
    08-04-11 01:58 PM
    I am still wondering if we can swap internals and the LCD and perhaps change out 9800's into the new models =) I guess only a good teardown will tell!
    It would be cheaper to just get the 9810. You don't know what you are getting into with the idea of swapping internals....just get the new phone. Unless you are really tech savy and lucky, all you are going to do is destroy your old phone and mess up the new hardware. Tearing down a Torch is much more difficult than other phones. Just do a search on this site and carefully read... you will be aghast!!
    08-04-11 04:07 PM
    Actually changing the motherboard is quite simple(think that's the main upgrade, the cpu). Changing he LCD is another story, requires you to completely tear it down to the core. Not an easy task, trust me I've done it a few times now.

From what I can tell the CPU and the LCD resolution are the only 2 major upgrades from the torch1, of course there's the increased RAM which would be covered on the motherboard swap. Personally I would love to see if someone tries this and what the results are. I hate the look of the new torch. BB's should be black, sleek elegant, and ready for business.
    08-04-11 05:19 PM
    I have already done a full teardown... honestly, it really isn't that bad at all! I changed my housing.... It was FAR scarier watching the video then doing it. You just have to make sure you have all the tools.
    08-04-11 06:50 PM
    @pphilps..

Did you change your LCD bezel as well? If so, how did you get the LCD out without destroying it? I replace housings all the time, and have yet to find a way to get the LCD out without having to actually replace it.
    08-05-11 08:42 AM
    @pphilps..

Did you change your LCD bezel as well? If so, how did you get the LCD out without destroying it? I replace housings all the time, and have yet to find a way to get the LCD out without having to actually replace it.
    My point exactly. Time + purchasing necessary tools + purchasing parts you break = more than I want to do....and that = just buy the new phone and slap on a black agf or seidio case.
    08-05-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD