The video speaks for itself.

Yahoo! Finance - Financially Fit
    09-15-10 09:29 AM
    Good Video.. Android is blowing up and RIM continues to sell more than apple.

RIM selling more than Apple? I will have to look into that.
    Good vid. I'm a lil upset they gave us the last spot lol.
    09-15-10 09:50 AM
    RIM selling more than Apple? I will have to look into that.
    That only applies to NA only. Not really too surprising as RIM sells multiple models over several carriers in the US. Overseas Apple sells it's iPhone over more carriers.
    09-15-10 10:11 AM
    Hmm..i couldn't get the link to work for me, so i missed the vid, but bottom line is what does it really matter who is #1 or #21. In my opinion, RIM will always have a niche of people who absolutely love their phones, whether or not they always have the latest and greatest in technology. Most people who love BB's love them because of either the keyboard, the OS, the messaging, customization, and/or all the above. Unless your a stock holder or owner of RIM, then any numbers shouldnt concern you, otherwise it turns into a pissing contest. Use what works for you and be happy with it, be it Apple, Android, or BB.
    09-15-10 10:49 AM
    LOL @ the iPhone4 vs HTC Evo vid.
    09-15-10 11:35 AM
    That only applies to NA only. Not really too surprising as RIM sells multiple models over several carriers in the US. Overseas Apple sells it's iPhone over more carriers.
    Not true! RIM sells more than Apple worldwide (always has).
    Although for smartphone sales worldwide Nokia is on top by a large margin.
    09-15-10 02:11 PM
    Hmm..i couldn't get the link to work for me, so i missed the vid, but bottom line is what does it really matter who is #1 or #21. In my opinion, RIM will always have a niche of people who absolutely love their phones, whether or not they always have the latest and greatest in technology. Most people who love BB's love them because of either the keyboard, the OS, the messaging, customization, and/or all the above. Unless your a stock holder or owner of RIM, then any numbers shouldnt concern you, otherwise it turns into a pissing contest. Use what works for you and be happy with it, be it Apple, Android, or BB.
    Very nicely & eloquently put - thank you for that.
    09-15-10 02:36 PM
    it's surprising that the number 1 in the World, which is Nokia didn't make it to the list. i guess for the people who made the list, nokia phones are not business oriented enough
    09-15-10 03:03 PM
    it's surprising that the number 1 in the World, which is Nokia didn't make it to the list. i guess for the people who made the list, nokia phones are not business oriented enough
    I don't think that's the issue, it's the fact that this video is basically for US consumers, and Nokia smartphones are pretty much non-existent in the US market.
    09-15-10 03:39 PM
    On a worldwide basis, RIM sells more than Apple and Droid. RIM is second behind Nokia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 09:04 PM
    On a worldwide basis, RIM sells more than Apple and Droid. RIM is second behind Nokia.

Is that still going to be true with countries blocking BIS?
    09-15-10 09:39 PM
    Most of what makes Nokia #1 is the low end featurephone/smartphone market, which is part of the reason.

09-16-10 02:56 AM
    Most of what makes Nokia #1 is the low end featurephone/smartphone market, which is part of the reason.

doesn't make a difference if thats what those consumers want/need/afford. What that could mean is how much profit one makes from the phone. An expensive phone with say a small margin that sells less isn't always better for a company than say a cheaper phone with a small margin but sells a lot more (volume)... fortunately for apple they make a big margin (on overpriced hardware) cause thats just what they do and they do it with one model release every year... Nokia's market share decline is due in part to the emergence of competitors in the smartphone segment and I can understand why some investors are worried esp when they can't seem to saturate the US market when they've done so well everywhere else. I really couldn't care less what their last quarter profit was and if it failed to live up to investors expectations, its just a sign that they need to be more active and/or predict the trends in the market better if they are to stop the decline.

nokia isn't going anywhere, they are filling a gap that exists and because of that they are still the number 1 "SELLING" phone manufacturer in the world.
    Last edited by zensen; 09-16-10 at 08:49 AM.
    09-16-10 08:33 AM
    Well, they aren't even really trying with the US market so far... Once they decide to give a crap then maybe they will get somewhere.

09-16-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD