Hey folks,

so I've had my Torch since December and only in the past few weeks have I noticed that the start-up (after battery pulls, resets) is painfully slow; I remember it being extremely fast in the first couple of months, as opposed to now.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed and experienced this as well? What prompted me to make this thread is that I just recently did a battery pull and the bar stayed at about 75% (estimate) for close to 5 minutes. Needless to say, I began to panic and was starting to believe that it was not going to move from there. It did eventually, but after deleting some useless apps and doing another battery pull, the slow startup persists.

Any ideas what I can check/troubleshoot in order to make sure things are running smoothly?

Thank you.
    03-14-11 10:13 PM
    What OS version are you running? Mine shipped with the .246 build and the bootup on it was really slow as well. It got a bit better with .337, but as soon as I moved to .450 it's like night and day. Update the phone if you haven't already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-14-11 10:58 PM
    What OS version are you running? Mine shipped with the .246 build and the bootup on it was really slow as well. It got a bit better with .337, but as soon as I moved to .450 it's like night and day. Update the phone if you haven't already.

I'm on .246 as well, that came with the phone. I'm tempted to do the upgrade, but being a BB newbie, I'm kind of terrified. I don't want to lose whatever I have on the phone (I know you can back it up somehow) and also, from my understanding, upgrading to a version not supported by my carrier voids my warranty...?
    03-14-11 11:05 PM
    Pretty sure upgrading to a version not supplied by your carrier will not void the warranty. You could always call and ask though. Just tell them you wanted to call and check with them first before you did anything.

You won't lose anything on the phone as long as you do a backup of the phone first, either through Desktop Manager, or BBSAK (I prefer Desktop Manager, but it's up to you which one you use). There are lots of threads here on the CB forums explaining how the update process works along with what to do anything goes wrong during the update process. You can also post back in this thread, and myself and anyone else viewing it would be happy to lend a hand.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-14-11 11:54 PM
    It won't void the warranty. If anything were to happen to the phone, you could always reload the "official" software. I would strongly reccomend upgrading to .486. Good luck!

LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-15-11 02:39 AM
    When you install/remove apps, sometimes it removes no longer needed files during reboot, and reconfigures the phone. Try doing a few battery pulls in a row (or using the "alt+right aA+del" key combo) without changing any apps or settings and see if it's still super slow. If it is, it could be a certain app or apps you have installed that run at startup. Mine is as fast as it ever was, and I have a couple apps that run full time (google maps, locking app, etc).
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-15-11 09:06 AM
    my ISP rep sent me OS leak version via email, I'm sure if it would void the warranty I shouldn't received them, specially from the ISP where I have warranty with.

He stopped sending them to me when I told him that I was on crackberry too.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-15-11 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD