I apologise if this has been covered, I have looked and tried some solutions but nothing seems to be working.

The other night my torch was working fine. When I woke up in the morning I went to use it and nothing happened, no LED lights - No response to pressing the power button. I assumed it had run out of charge so I plugged it in, the start up loading screen showed and I went for a cigarette whilst it did. When I returned the phone had a black screen and would show a solid red LED for a short while, then it would disappear.

I've tried pulling the battery whilst it's plugged in and nothing happens. If I leave the battery out for long enough the phone will display a no battery icon, and if I do this whilst it's charging on my PC my PC will recognise it being plugged in and launch BB desktop. It won't however recognise the phone as being plugged in from there. When I replace the battery the screen returns to being black and showing the red LED.

On occasion whilst it is plugged into my PC it will show the battery charging logo for roughly 5 seconds, then die to the black screen again.

I have dropped the phone on a couple of occasions, this was roughly about 2 months ago and I haven't had any issues with it after those drops.

Does anyone have any ideas before I have to start looking into sending it off on insurance?
    10-11-11 09:57 AM
    Have you tried charging it with the wall charger it came with?
    10-11-11 10:16 AM
    I have indeed, the same situation happens, except it will never show the charging icon, it will always just go onto the black screen with the LED coming on then going off.

if I remove the battery sometimes it shows the no battery icon when removed but as stated it will always go back to black screen and LED when the battery is replaced.
    10-11-11 10:19 AM
    I apologise if this has been covered, I have looked and tried some solutions but nothing seems to be working.

The other night my torch was working fine. When I woke up in the morning I went to use it and nothing happened, no LED lights - No response to pressing the power button. I assumed it had run out of charge so I plugged it in, the start up loading screen showed and I went for a cigarette whilst it did. When I returned the phone had a black screen and would show a solid red LED for a short while, then it would disappear.

I've tried pulling the battery whilst it's plugged in and nothing happens. If I leave the battery out for long enough the phone will display a no battery icon, and if I do this whilst it's charging on my PC my PC will recognise it being plugged in and launch BB desktop. It won't however recognise the phone as being plugged in from there. When I replace the battery the screen returns to being black and showing the red LED.

On occasion whilst it is plugged into my PC it will show the battery charging logo for roughly 5 seconds, then die to the black screen again.

I have dropped the phone on a couple of occasions, this was roughly about 2 months ago and I haven't had any issues with it after those drops.

Does anyone have any ideas before I have to start looking into sending it off on insurance?
    sounds to me like your board is pooched........either way its a hardware issue i would use insurance .......
    10-11-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD