Hi all,

As we all know, BB's are known for the SLOOOOOWWW start up times. Is there any way to have them start up faster? Every BB I've owned takes close to 5 minutes for it to fully boot up to where I can use it. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    02-09-11 12:12 PM
    My Torch takes 90 seconds from a reset. Some say it depends on the apps you have. Several people have suggested that any memory management app causes a long boot time.
    02-09-11 12:25 PM
    After security wiping and reinstalling the os, my bootup time went from 3-4 minutes to 90-100 seconds.

Much better!
    02-09-11 12:30 PM
    Disabling Memory Cleaning will make the device boot faster. Memory cleaning is unnecessary unless one is on BES.
    ErnieH likes this.
    02-09-11 12:32 PM
    Well heck now. I have to memory apps on my Torch - memboo and Memory Up Personal. I use them on a regular basis because my Torch loses so much memory. If I get rid of them both, will it start up faster? And if I get rid of them, what do I do about memory issues?

Thanks all!
    02-09-11 12:35 PM
    I don't have memory issues with my Torch. What actual symptoms do you have?

You could uninstall the apps, see how your Torch does for a few days, then put the apps back on if you feel you need them.
    radgirl likes this.
    02-09-11 12:45 PM
    I don't have memory issues with my Torch. What actual symptoms do you have?

You could uninstall the apps, see how your Torch does for a few days, then put the apps back on if you feel you need them.
    I have the apps installed because it seems my Torch runs slow if I don't have sufficient memory. I don't know if there is a memory leak or who knows, it could all be in my head.

I will remove the two memory apps and see how it works.

Thanks!
    02-09-11 12:50 PM
    Memory boosting apps are basically a waste. They actually use memory since they are on your device.

If you constantly have low file free memory, that is indicative of some app that is running in the background or not designed well.

Check out this thread re: memory.
    radgirl likes this.
    02-09-11 12:55 PM
    Memory boosting apps are basically a waste. They actually use memory since they are on your device.

If you constantly have low file free memory, that is indicative of some app that is running in the background or not designed well.

Check out this thread re: memory.
    Thank you so much for the information. Ok, I uninstalled the 2 apps and it's rebooting right now. Let's see what happens.

Also, what about those battery apps? Are they worth a darn? Or just another memory hog?
    02-09-11 01:03 PM
    I don't use any battery apps, but others like them. There's also a few "all-in-one" type apps that include a battery meter. I know there's something called "MeterBerry". Again, I haven't used them. Good luck with the reboot!
    02-09-11 01:26 PM
    Thank you so much for the information. Ok, I uninstalled the 2 apps and it's rebooting right now. Let's see what happens.

Also, what about those battery apps? Are they worth a darn? Or just another memory hog?
    I do not have a 9800, but I use MeterBerry and BatteryEx on my 9700, and have not had memory leaks from those apps.
    02-09-11 01:29 PM
    Well,

After removing the memory apps and a few others, it still takes 5 minutes for the phone to boot. I have no idea, but this is my 3rd Torch. Maybe the phone just doesn't work right? Who knows. Any other ideas?
    02-09-11 01:33 PM
    What other apps do yopu have installed? Any other utilities? Mine, like others, takes around 90-100 seconds. I've got 20 apps and 7 stupid games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 01:47 PM
    Have you tried upgrading the OS?
    02-09-11 02:01 PM
    Try updating the os to either the .337 build (the latest official build) or the .450 build (latest leaked build). When I moved my Torch to .450, the boot time and battery life improved a lot. It was like night and day... I'm not going back to earlier versions anymore.

02-09-11 02:47 PM
    on .448, my Torch fully boots anywhere between 1-1:30 min. much quicker than .337 was.
    02-10-11 03:04 AM
    Disabling Memory Cleaning will make the device boot faster. Memory cleaning is unnecessary unless one is on BES.
    Good tip. Thanks. Disabling memory cleaning dropped about 30 secs on my bootup time.
    02-10-11 03:46 AM
    With .450 i will say 90 second on my torch

02-10-11 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD