I have a att torch which i've had for a couple weeks, and i've come to notice that whenever im charging the phone and a call comes through when im talking the speakerphone comes on by itself(and no i mad sure its not my cheek accidentally hitting the 'speaker' button) doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, it'll just tun n and off on its own intermitantly.

I went as far as to make sure it was on 'handheld' and kept the phone about 3 inches away from my face and boom within a few seconds the spekerphone cuts in then out. i figure either its sa software bug or something to do with the charge port because it seems to be only when the phone is plugged in while i am still talking on the phone.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated, btw is there a wat to turn off the touchscreen control of the speakerphone feature im finw with just using the hard keyboard.

cheers
    courtneymeyer1987 likes this.
    12-08-10 08:28 PM
    i have had that same problem with mine. its only when its plugged in and talking on it
    12-10-10 12:25 AM
    Me too having the same problem. Exactly as described by coolrahool. Its quite iritating.

Just to emphasize, it is definitely not because of my cheek hitting on the 'speaker' button. My promixity sensor is working perfectly fine, the screen is definitely turned off when I hold it beside my ears.

I'm hoping that its a software bug, otherwise if its not, then its the problem with the micro USB port, and if not everyone having the same problem, then it means I have a defective unit!

I have a att torch which i've had for a couple weeks, and i've come to notice that whenever im charging the phone and a call comes through when im talking the speakerphone comes on by itself(and no i mad sure its not my cheek accidentally hitting the 'speaker' button) doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, it'll just tun n and off on its own intermitantly.

I went as far as to make sure it was on 'handheld' and kept the phone about 3 inches away from my face and boom within a few seconds the spekerphone cuts in then out. i figure either its sa software bug or something to do with the charge port because it seems to be only when the phone is plugged in while i am still talking on the phone.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated, btw is there a wat to turn off the touchscreen control of the speakerphone feature im finw with just using the hard keyboard.

cheers
    12-10-10 03:32 AM
    I had this problem with mine also. Always wondering if i was doing something wrong. Can't recall if I've had this problem since i upgraded to .337 software.
    12-10-10 08:27 AM
    have you all tried to reinstall the the software on your dm via your computer? and what software are you running?

if you're on at&t you should be running 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246) anything lower and you need to update.

version 6.0.0.344 is a bit buggy so if you have that, it could be that update.
    12-10-10 08:36 AM
    Glad that it wasnt just in my head, lol, but sucks that others are having the same issue, its not a complete deal breaker by any means i love my torch and everything elses works great but is an annoyance, especially since i sometimes need to place or take a call sometimes when its re-charging. I know a work arounfd is too basically charge over night (which i usually do) but we all know some times you need to charge a bit during other times throuout the day.

And btw i am running 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246)

Hopefully a software upgrade will fix this, and its not a defective usb port.
    12-10-10 03:00 PM
    My torch is running 6.0.0.337, so I guess both 337 and 246 have the same problem.

Waiting for the next firmware, and hoping this is fixed.

And btw i am running 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246)

Hopefully a software upgrade will fix this, and its not a defective usb port.
    12-10-10 04:52 PM
    hmmm i thought upgrading to .337 would resolve but i guess ill have to wait for .410 to see if get adressed.

i'm wondering if the problem is more widespread but maybe a lot of people only cgarge overnight and doent necessarilt charge n talk so to speak. im guessing more people will unfortunately discover this flaw soon themselves too.
    12-10-10 07:16 PM
    Same problem here. Not that big of a deal tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 07:47 PM
    I've charged and talked at the same times a lot, never once have I had this issue. haven't had this issue(or heard of it until this thread) in any build, have had every one since .141 to .337 and current hybrid of .337. Sorry to hear you guys are having issues with it.

On a side note, have any of you tried reinstalling the OS to see if its just a bug in the install or a full fledged OS bug?
    12-10-10 07:52 PM
    I've noticed the same thing with the torch. What I've observed is when the phone is moved sideways (when the screen goes into landscape mode) during the call, that is when the speakerphone comes on. I think this is an actual function of the phone, a really annoying function. I checked all the options to see if I could turn it off but haven't figured it out yet.
    12-11-10 04:04 PM
    I've noticed the same thing with the torch. What I've observed is when the phone is moved sideways (when the screen goes into landscape mode) during the call, that is when the speakerphone comes on. I think this is an actual function of the phone, a really annoying function. I checked all the options to see if I could turn it off but haven't figured it out yet.
    This is what I've found as well. If you lean back in your chair and are not careful to hold the phone EXACTLY straight up and down, it switches to landscape mode and the speakerphone goes on. Lean back up and the speakerphone goes off.

Exceedingly annoying (especially trying to have a conversation in a less-than-private space). Anybody have any solutions?

I'm also running 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.256)
    12-30-10 04:34 PM
    I have a new 9800 fresh out of the box from at&t same problem any fix yet?
    02-02-11 02:02 PM
    Same problem here with latest update. I have also had switch back and forth by changing angle of phone. Mine is a month old and I updated to latest version the first day I had it so wouldn't know if it had problem with older version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 05:09 AM
    Problem still exists on .448
    02-03-11 05:56 AM
    Problem still exists on 9860 running OS7.0.0.353. Plugged in, sideways. At least it goes right back to handheld if I tip it straight again.
    11-03-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD