Hey guys 'n' gals, I've currently got a Bold 9700 and am interested in getting leather skin made for the Torch, as it looks identical in size to the Bold, but was hoping someone here who might've had personal experience with both could confirm that this is the case. I know that the loudspeaker is slightly different and I'll need to make a cut out in the skin for this, but the rest looks spot on, camer & flash included. Any help could be much appreciated!!!
    02-24-11 05:35 PM
    By total coincidence, I happened to line up my Torch with my wife's 9700 just this morning when they were both sitting on the kitchen table.

My wife's 9700 had a Case-Mate Barely There on the back of it. With that case on, they were about the same size, but not exactly.

The OEM holster and pouch are a perfect snug fit. If you haven't seen them yet, the newer BB holsters are trimmed down and nicer looking.

If you're dead set on having this custom job, you could always try going to a store, telling them what you're doing, and ask the manager if you can leave some kind of deposit to borrow a Torch dummy phone. Then you can take the dummy phone to your craftsman of choice.
    BeyondTheBox likes this.
    02-24-11 05:48 PM
    You say "... but not exactly" and I'm curious as to which side this tilts. Is the Torch still bigger even with the Barely There case? I plan on doing the crafting myself, it won't take much, just a razor bade along the outer edges and a notch for the speaker. I'm just trying to figure out how much fabrication is necessary. I'm really hoping only to have to notch for the speaker, as I'd hate to ruin te beauty of the nice case. Gess I'll go into an At&t store and hold my Bold up to their Torch demo. Thanks for the quick response!
    02-24-11 05:58 PM
    Dims
    9700 - 109 x 60 x 14 mm
    9800 - 111 x 62 x 14.6 mm
    Keep us posted

Pretty darn close
    Source used
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-24-11 at 06:50 PM.
    02-24-11 06:48 PM
    I changed my mind, too much self-fabrication involved, I prefer things easier. I found some pretty cool lookin' stuff on truesupplier and am really hoping that their product is of a reasonable value.
    02-25-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD