I have a Torch along with three charging PODS and multiple cables / ac adapters. For some reason when the Torch is on the POD overnight, it just shuts down. I need to pull the battery, and when it boots back up, i have a near full charge (so it's not lack of power). I feel as though it's almost something short circuiting....

I have switched around all the PODS and cables hoping to find a culprit. My next move is going to be trying a different power circuit in my home and see what happens. (Or trying to plug the POD into my beside laptop as opposed to wall adapter)

For 8+ months i had no issues. I updated the firmware, but the problem still persists.

The Torch is my bedside clock / alarm, so this is quite frustrating!

I see others have had this issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...orning-619819/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=602268

Anyone else have to replace a Torch for this reason?
    06-10-11 09:33 AM
    I'm sure you would have checked this, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I have my charging pod plugged into a switched outlet. I noticed that if my Torch is charging in the pod and the switch gets flipped off it won't simply start charging again when the switch is turned back on. It will only work if I remove it from the pod and replace it. The circuit needs to be hot before the Torch goes into the pod.
    06-10-11 09:43 AM
    I'm sure you would have checked this, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I have my charging pod plugged into a switched outlet. I noticed that if my Torch is charging in the pod and the switch gets flipped off it won't simply start charging again when the switch is turned back on. It will only work if I remove it from the pod and replace it. The circuit needs to be hot before the Torch goes into the pod.

does that cause your Torch to shutdown also? Or it just leaves it open to have the battery die (from lack of no charge?)

I'd feel safer if it just stopped charging. The big problem is that it SHUTS DOWN. No alarm. No phone calls. Not good!

I'm split at the moment between blaming the power circuit or blaming the torch itself [i don't think it's the pod(s) or cable(s) or adapter(s) ]
    06-10-11 09:57 AM
    I can't remember, but I'll see if I can reproduce it tonight. I know my Torch has shut down in the past on the pod. I just can't recall if it happened at the same time I discovered flipping the switch off and on stops the charge.
    06-10-11 10:19 AM
    Just checked again by cycling the switch off and on. Now my Torch resumes charging when power is restored. I didn't notice anything odd - Torch never shut down. Maybe recent OS updates have affected things, 'cause I can't reproduce the failure to charge.
    06-11-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD