I recently bought a torch.ive had it for a week and the only issue i have with it its that it scrolls down by itself. its very annoying.I have the latest software and its still doing it.

any solutions to this problem?

thank you
    06-19-11 06:33 PM
    Do you mean that if your finger hovers over the trackpad it causes the cursor to move? If so, that would be normal behaviour on an optical trackpad. You can lower the sensitivity.
    Or is it something else?
    06-19-11 08:13 PM
    Hi,

I also have the same problem. My phone is about two weeks old. I turned down the sensitive on the phone to see if this works. The issue is around for one day and gone the next. Its hard to pin point what the issue is.
    09-09-11 10:12 PM
    I've had my phone for almost a year now and it still does this. As long as you don't let it bother you, it doesn't matter. If it really bothers you, I would take it back but there's a good chance the next phone will do the same.
    09-10-11 08:04 AM
    I have had my Torch since October, and have not had the problem. What OS6 version are you running? I deem to remember that this is a bug that appears in one of the OS6 versions that is now fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 09:59 AM
    I noticed a dirty track pad, mainly from oily fingers causes spontaneous movements. Try cleaning with a very soft cloth to remove dust and grime. Then reboot. Its not often but it does happen. I'm in the restaurant business so its a problem I agitate, not the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 08:04 PM
    I've had my Torch 9800 for about a year and have had spontaneous scrolling the whole time. At first I thought it might be problems with Direct sunlight as this is where I experienced it the most. Then I thought it might be something to do with static electricity. Now it seems completely random but goes in waves. It is particularly bad right now and likely in a week ti will be far less noticeable. I'm using the absolute latest build of the software and have done both soft and hard resets to no avail. my track pad is set to minimum sensitivity. My wife's track pad on the Bold is brilliant. Any other thoughts?
    11-15-11 12:08 PM
    I have a Torch 9810. And it's doing it on mine... It randomly scrolls to the right. Has anyone resolved this problem? Thanks!
    01-06-12 09:55 AM
    Mine is an older Torch, I upgraded from a Curve because I really love the Blackberry. The Torch started doing this after I downloaded an upgrade to the Blackberry App Store. I deleted this app using the Blackberry Desktop Software and it seems to be fixed. I just did this today so far, so good. There must be a bug in the upgrade software. This bug is extremely irritating since you can't type a message without the cursor going crazy. I am thinking of getting rid of my Torch and going to another type of phone if Blackberry doesn't get this remedied quickly.
    03-20-12 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD