- In close position it clicks like a surepress screen/storm
    - In open position it shakes a little bit sideways

What I found annoying here is the clicking sound it makes in close position, the fact that I NEVER once drop my torch and it's still about 2 weeks old!

I can't ask for an exchange with a new blackberry since there's no option to do so and I'm wondering what makes the screen wobbles (since I never drop the phone) and can tightening the 6 screws behind the sticker fix this problem?
    02-17-11 05:06 AM
    If you searched the forums, which you should have done before posting. Or even while posting, it should have came up with threads about this exact topic. Almost every BB torch I've read about, has these problems. You either have to suck it up, like most people, or find a workaround using tape. There are several threads about this. So search before making a completely new thread.
    vincent.joshua likes this.
    02-17-11 05:42 AM
    - In close position it clicks like a surepress screen/storm
    - In open position it shakes a little bit sideways

What I found annoying here is the clicking sound it makes in close position, the fact that I NEVER once drop my torch and it's still about 2 weeks old!

I can't ask for an exchange with a new blackberry since there's no option to do so and I'm wondering what makes the screen wobbles (since I never drop the phone) and can tightening the 6 screws behind the sticker fix this problem?
    wow man,
    it seems like you are first luck one to get sure press on Torch.
    try to fix it using tape or plastic glue.
    02-17-11 05:45 AM
    If you searched the forums, which you should have done before posting. Or even while posting, it should have came up with threads about this exact topic. Almost every BB torch I've read about, has these problems. You either have to suck it up, like most people, or find a workaround using tape. There are several threads about this. So search before making a completely new thread.
    Thanks for the information, how about your torch? does it wobbles too?
    handi.muhammad likes this.
    02-17-11 08:46 AM
    If your Torch is only 2 weeks old, you should be able to return it to your carrier for an exchange. My battery door creaked when I typed on the physical keyboard and had a very very very slight wiggle to it when closed. I bought a Seidio Surface Case and holster combo that took care of the creaking door plus gave me the holster I was looking for. Best Buy has the same thing, but just without the Seidio name for less. ATT sells the AGF case and it will cure your issues from what other posters have said on other threads.
    02-17-11 08:55 AM
    AGF GRT Shell

/thread
    02-17-11 09:17 AM
    Electrical tape, stickers and cases are not fixes, they mask the problem. There is a legitimate, be it small, percentage of 9800's that were not properly assembled.
    The best thing to do is return it, politely tell them you are not satisfied with it and why. Hopefully they will exchange it (as Bell did mine) or at the very least send it for repair.
    G/L
    02-17-11 09:33 AM
    If I could exchange it I would but in my country there's no such thing as exchanging policy for blackberry so I decided to send my torch for repair because the wobble is getting worser and worser. Actually what annoys me the most is the fact that the section of the screen that CLICKS like a surepress screen is located at the top right hand corner of the screen, besides that area the wobble I experience is still in an acceptable level.
    02-17-11 10:46 AM
    AGF GRT Shell

/thread
    +1 this case fix all the wobbles and clicking problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the information, how about your torch? does it wobbles too?
    Yes my screen wobbles too. I've had mine for well over 3 months, atleast. And it has almost always wobbled.

AGF GRT Shell

/thread
    This case will stop it, and I'm going to order it as soon as I can.
    02-17-11 03:43 PM
    i don't know if i am one of the lucky ones but i got my torch the very first day that it came out and i have never had a problem with it . So i can not relate to the other people with the problems. i have done the up grades with the os leaks and releases and i couldn't be happier with my torch
    02-17-11 07:21 PM
    I can honestly say there's no wobble or clicky clicky with mine either. Guess I'm lucky also.
    02-17-11 08:28 PM
    I just got wind of RIM working on releasing a tool for the wobble/click issue.
    I believe it will only extend to recent purchases and the tool is called the "hammer"
    What you do is smash directly on the device, while in the close position and it will embedded/fuse the slider and body into 1 piece. Problem solve!

Sorry, too many posts about this issue. I can guarantee, that we ALL will experience these issues eventually (may be minor or major). This is the nature of a slide design and inevitable.
    02-17-11 08:56 PM
    managed to fix the clicking problem in close position by applying 7 layers of electrical tape behind the top slider part of my torch
    02-18-11 12:07 PM
    ^ only 7 layers huh?

You, my friend, may have a problem with that phone.
    02-18-11 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD