So now the manufacturer of a device needs a disclaimer because people are ********?

I can already see the law suit... " i broke my screen because I hit with a hammer and there was no direction not to , now pay me 10 mill in damages."
    I am pretty sure that Slalom's little disclaimer is a joke.
    (I sure hope)
    04-21-11 09:59 AM
    I am pretty sure that Slalom's little disclaimer is a joke.
    (I sure hope)
    yes, and thanks for pointing that out, PM....reminds me of a Second City skit I once saw at "The Old Firehall" on product warnings gone awry:

"Your iron is not a phone. Please don't answer your iron because of severe risk of ear burns."
    04-21-11 10:40 AM
    I do see a scratch on my screen, very hard to see, but there is definitively one, and it wasn't where I tested with a knife. Look like there was dirt at some point in my holster.
    04-21-11 10:57 AM
    The only reason I keep a Screen Protector on mine is because I cannot stand smudges or fingerprints. I don't want to be whipping out the cloth or wiping the screen every second of the day.
    04-22-11 12:28 AM
    I use a screen protector which is made for the ipad. i cut it up to size the torch. Using the touch is much smoother now when i was using a dedicated torch protector. So i would recommend a ipad protector!!

It also protects the screen like a sticker on the window. It is just harder to break the window on that spot.
    04-22-11 05:07 AM
    lol, so you want to go bareback? make sure you both get tested
    04-22-11 05:44 AM
    Glass or Not, i am always too paranoid to leave my screen unprotected. I personally use the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD screen protector to keep my device safe. You can find them at ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield, and usually a little cheaper on eBay... Blackberry Torch 9800 invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector | eBay
    04-24-11 10:41 PM
    I have had my screen protector OFF for two months and I don't use a holster either.... and NO SCRATCHES. I think it is safe to say that regardless if its glass or plastic, it is still definitely scratch resistant. Hope this helps.
    04-28-11 03:38 AM
    I have had my screen protector OFF for two months and I don't use a holster either.... and NO SCRATCHES. I think it is safe to say that regardless if its glass or plastic, it is still definitely scratch resistant. Hope this helps.
    not scratch resistant, I have the proof in front of me, but it is hard to scratch
    04-28-11 06:11 AM
    not scratch resistant, I have the proof in front of me, but it is hard to scratch
    Think you found the difference between scratch "resistant" and scratch "proof"
    04-28-11 07:01 AM
    Think you found the difference between scratch "resistant" and scratch "proof"
    that's right. but people seem to think it's scratch proof, not just resistant.
    04-28-11 07:16 AM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD