I fell asleep with my phone in my sweater pocket and when I woke up the screen was black! It worked perfectly fine before I fell asleep. I never dropped it or got it wet, pretty much impossible while sleeping. I have tried all possible solutions, batter pullout, slider, etc. Nothing works. And there were no signs at all that suggested the screen may be faulty or damaged, as I said before itwas working perfectly fine before I fell asleep.
    03-09-14 12:07 AM
    ***FIX** if the keyboard lights up, That happened to my torch 9800, use youtube to findout how to disassemble your torch (Imp. WATCH 2, 3 videos), while opening be very careful not to crack your front screen otherwise u got to buy one like me, buy the main main flex cable from ebay they are around 5 pounds and then change your flex cable, U DO NOT have to buy the LCD and Front SCREEN if you haven't broke them while opening your phone. a tip while opening u need t4 , t3 , t2 screw drivers, dont buy them from ebay , u can find better option in your local hardware shop, they around 3 to 4 pounds on ebay and local hardware shop but you got more screw tips when you buy from local hardware shop.
    let me know if any of you fixed it.
    link to main flex cable which i bought:
    Blackberry Torch 9800 Main Slide Flex Cable Ribbon Connector Repair Part | eBay
    06-12-14 10:36 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD