Has anyone tried a scratch test or seen a scratch test video, if so tell me or post the video plz
    12-11-10 03:34 PM
    I dont believe these are out there.

The BlackBerry Torch does not use the type of LCD as the iPhone which is covered by Gorilla Glass, which is much harder to scratch up. I think most people use some sort of protector on there screens to keep them covered.

So if I were you, I wouldnt try this at home.
    12-11-10 04:16 PM
    Kris, can you try this and report back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 05:28 PM
    Fubaz, you should take a phillips head screwdriver to your screen and put it on YouTube. Wouldn't that be COOL?
    12-11-10 05:33 PM
    I had something else in my pocket, along with my phone. Which is rare, since I normally have only my phone in my left pocket. But anyways.. Something scratched my screen. So it can't be too hard. Just use a screen protector like Shamoo said. I purchased a pack of them after I noticed the scratch.
    12-11-10 06:08 PM
    ^^^^ Absolutely. I install a screen protector on day one of every new device I've owned. I mean, why not? they're cheap and offer A LOT of protection.
    12-11-10 07:09 PM
    Kris, can you try this and report back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol..i concur
    12-12-10 03:26 AM
    I dont believe these are out there.

The BlackBerry Torch does not use the type of LCD as the iPhone which is covered by Gorilla Glass, which is much harder to scratch up. I think most people use some sort of protector on there screens to keep them covered.

So if I were you, I wouldnt try this at home.
    what are you talking about? home is the best place to try such "wise-***-turn-stupid" practicals...
    12-12-10 03:27 AM
    ^^^^ Absolutely. I install a screen protector on day one of every new device I've owned. I mean, why not? they're cheap and offer A LOT of protection.
    X2! I do not remove the original till the new one shows up
    12-12-10 03:31 AM
    just acquired my second torch. I tries to scratch the screen on my old one with a coin and a key. no scratches.
    03-30-11 06:57 AM
    just acquired my second torch. I tries to scratch the screen on my old one with a coin and a key. no scratches.
    it is a joke right?
    03-30-11 07:00 AM
    I had something else in my pocket, along with my phone. Which is rare, since I normally have only my phone in my left pocket. But anyways.. Something scratched my screen. So it can't be too hard. Just use a screen protector like Shamoo said. I purchased a pack of them after I noticed the scratch.
    I would recomend the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for screen (or full body) protection over the 99c screen protectors from ebay... yes they are much cheaper, but i find they have to be changed quite oftes, ans they tend to lift at the corners etc...
    03-30-11 10:01 AM
    it seem very hard to scratch, I took a pair of scisor and I tried to scratch the corner of the glass (where it's black) and I wasn't able (and no, it's not plastic scisor ;p)

PS: don't try on the button though, that's not glass ;p
    03-30-11 12:05 PM
    I tried to scratch my old torch(before sending it back for replacement), and was quite surprised the amount of effort it took to actually get a scratch on it.
    03-30-11 06:04 PM
    i'm not entirely sure why anyone would want scratches on their phone, even just to see how hard it is, but hay may, go for it!
    03-30-11 06:58 PM
    If I want scratches I'll just slam my butcher's knife on my phone.
    03-30-11 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD