Recently "some" of my contacts assigned ringtones stopped ringing when they call me. The "phone" ringtone rings in its place. It does not do it on all my contacts only some. I have gone back in and checked and all ringtones are still assigned correctly. Example: my daughter's ringtone does not ring when she calls me, but my sister's does. What have I done wrong? They all were working fine up until this past week. I have done a soft software reset, checked and rechecked to be sure they are still assigned. Can anyone help me with a suggestion??? I appreciate it!
    04-18-11 04:08 PM
    Do a battery pull (Remove the battery) to see if that helps.
    2413Life likes this.
    04-18-11 04:14 PM
    go to options>sounds and ringtones>profile: make sure your profile is set to normal. then back arrow out and go to Sounds for contacts. Make sure the personalized contact is shown in the list. If not, add them, then go down to phone and make sure the ring tone is set to the one you want for them. If their name shows up, make sure their ring tone is set in the phone button. also make sure that the "play sound" is set to always. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and try it.

Exit out of options and go to your contact and make sure that the ring tone is set in their individual profile under Custom ring tones/alerts.
    2413Life likes this.
    04-18-11 04:16 PM
    Thank you so much for your replies. "Newcollector", I followed your suggestions and all was operating correctly, however...when I went back to my "contact" list I noted that the ringtones I have been having problems with all had a double contact with their name! How weird is that???? No other information other than the name of the contact. So whenever they called it apparently was ringing on the "phantom contact" and not on their contact. I deleted the "doubles"....and hope that solves the problem. Just not sure how I got doubles for the contacts! Must of messed something up somewhere....but at least....found it! Thanks so much for your help......
    04-18-11 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD