In my office, there is a iphone 4 and an iphone 3gs....let's just say I am the only one who doesn't drop calls...that hi res screen looks really nice when you can't even keep a call for more than 30 seconds. I am very impressed with the Torch's reception. Much improved over my 9700 on the same network.
    08-17-10 08:09 PM
    my wife has a iphone 4..
    she gets 2 bars and i have a full bar.
    and that's a fact.
    08-17-10 08:11 PM
    It's funny with all these features smartphones have these days, people forget that the main reason for the phone is to make and receive calls. Apple makes a nice phone but is an epic fail when it comes to reception and it is not ATT's network. I have been a blackberry user on their network for over 5 yrs.
    08-17-10 08:12 PM
    the iphone 3G and 3GS is far superior than the iphone 4 in terms of antenna..
    i know since i owned both devices..it's a design flaw from Apple.
    08-17-10 08:23 PM
    It's only been a week with my Vibrant but no dropped calls and very good call quality but between my 9700 and Vibrant, the 9700 seems to have a stronger signal in weaker spots and also wifi signal is better on the 9700. Blackberries always have great reception (except for my tour,signal jumps all over the place)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 08:51 PM
    One of the reasons why I kicked my Iphone to the curb was because of dropped calls. Called my wife today on the Torch and she said wow, crystal clear. MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MY DECISION.
    08-17-10 09:55 PM
    Yeah my torch is the first phone that I'm able to keep a phone call at my house, it was impossible making a phone call with any of my 3 iphones, only my captivate was close to the reception I have with my torch.

08-18-10 12:03 AM
    in addition to the strong signal.. the battery life is noteworthy as well.
    08-18-10 12:08 AM
    It's funny with all these features smartphones have these days, people forget that the main reason for the phone is to make and receive calls. Apple makes a nice phone but is an epic fail when it comes to reception and it is not ATT's network. I have been a blackberry user on their network for over 5 yrs.
    Can't say I've ever used ATT's network but you're not wrong there about getting the basics of a phone RIGHT!
    08-18-10 12:39 AM
    It's only been a week with my Vibrant but no dropped calls and very good call quality but between my 9700 and Vibrant, the 9700 seems to have a stronger signal in weaker spots and also wifi signal is better on the 9700. Blackberries always have great reception (except for my tour,signal jumps all over the place)

LOL I feal your pain. My last Tour did that about 3 months in. I dealt with it since I knew I would be switching companies and now have had a Torch for about 3 weeks. On my commute I can stream audio all the way where my friends iPhone 4 has a mile and a half stretch where it is useless. The Torch rules.
    12-08-10 06:24 AM
    I had all sorts of problems with dropped calls on my iPhone3G with AT&T. Now I have a 9800 and everything is perfect.
    12-08-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD