Torch freezes during call and reboots...

As a long time user of blackberry (since 2000), i want to make this work... but after 2 Torches, I'm about to go to iPhone. HELP!

My (2nd) Torch reboots just after a start of a call. Takes 5+mins to get the phone "back" from the dead. This problem is intermitten (worst kind)

More predictable problem is when paired with my car (late model BMW w/ bluetooth). Randomly, the Torch says it has "successfully connected" to the car but the car doesn't show it is connected. When in this "mode", when a call is made, it does NOT come through the car's audio system and when try to continue the call (outgoing), the Blackberry Torch Freezes then reboots.

Once every 2-3 outgoing calls (independent of bluetooth), the screen/phone looks to be connecting to the number you dialed but can't hear anything... followed by the dreaded "red flash of the LED and the system reboot".

Pleeezee... don't make me to go to iPhone!!

I don't really have too many apps to potentially cause problems...:
    Faceboook (came loaded - just activated)
    Googlemaps mobile (problems before this apps load)
    CNBC

Anyone else out there w/ this problem????
    11-17-10 12:32 AM
    I am having a similar problem with my red torch. Got to talk to warranty department for 2 hours yesterday. No resolution yet
    11-17-10 05:26 AM
    Have either one of you tried wiping and reloading the OS?
    All these issues sound OS related and not hardware related.
    I myself have had none of these issues. The bluetooth problem others have posted about and it only seems to happen with older BT devices.
    11-17-10 05:44 AM
    I myself have had none of these issues. The bluetooth problem others have posted about and it only seems to happen with older BT devices.
    I haven't had a choice. I've had "app error 507" twice after reboots and had to reload software
    11-17-10 06:57 AM
    I have tried reloading the s/w on the first unit... no help. I've had the current one for less than 2 wks.
    11-17-10 11:35 PM
    I have the same issue. My Torch syncs with my car (2006 330i) OK and works most of the time but intermittently it will stay connected to the car after the car is turned off. When this happens the only way to disconnect it is to manually turn of BT and turn it back on. If not and a call comes in then the reboot occurs which as you know takes 5 minutes. I have tried full reloads of the software and tried swapping out the Torch for a new one but the same issue occurs. My last BB (2nd gen curve) had zero issue sync to my car.

Please let me know if you've found any answers.

Bryan
    12-02-10 09:09 AM
    Wiping and reloading the OS hasn't solved it, but what about upgrading the OS? Are both of you on the .337 build?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 09:18 AM
    The same problems, had Torch 9800 for few weeks only, it happened to me 3 times when trying to dial number to make a call on the device, unit restarted itself, no Bluetooth. Running v6.0.0.246 software.
    12-02-10 09:36 AM
    I'm on .337 and have not seen any of these issues. Perhaps you should update the OS on your torch zuluzkiller? There is a sticky at the top of this forum with download links and instructions.

12-02-10 09:51 AM
    I'm on 246 as well. i will try updating to 337 if it's available.
    12-02-10 10:00 AM
    I can not find 6.0.0.337 on Blackberry's site. What carrier are you using dochouse7?
    12-02-10 10:29 AM
    That and don't restore settings. If it were me I would also delete the profile on the car system and repair.

Try this link
    Official OS 6.0.0.337 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 from Beeline | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-02-10 at 10:55 AM.
    12-02-10 10:51 AM
    Exact same problem.
    I also have a 2007 BMW 335i and the bluetooth connection, this seems to be the problem. I run 6.0 bundle 695 os on the blackberry. I am going to try to upgrade the inav DVD in the bmw next week. I will let you know.

Torch freezes during call and reboots...

As a long time user of blackberry (since 2000), i want to make this work... but after 2 Torches, I'm about to go to iPhone. HELP!

My (2nd) Torch reboots just after a start of a call. Takes 5+mins to get the phone "back" from the dead. This problem is intermitten (worst kind)

More predictable problem is when paired with my car (late model BMW w/ bluetooth). Randomly, the Torch says it has "successfully connected" to the car but the car doesn't show it is connected. When in this "mode", when a call is made, it does NOT come through the car's audio system and when try to continue the call (outgoing), the Blackberry Torch Freezes then reboots.

Once every 2-3 outgoing calls (independent of bluetooth), the screen/phone looks to be connecting to the number you dialed but can't hear anything... followed by the dreaded "red flash of the LED and the system reboot".

Pleeezee... don't make me to go to iPhone!!

I don't really have too many apps to potentially cause problems...:
    Faceboook (came loaded - just activated)
    Googlemaps mobile (problems before this apps load)
    CNBC

Anyone else out there w/ this problem????
    02-04-11 07:53 PM
    it's not that big of a deal. after it reboots in 7+ minutes, just call them back.
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 02-05-11 at 12:14 PM.
    02-04-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD