Moved over from the Bold9700 yesterday and so far I really like the Torch but I have alot of things that I don't like as well. I have already found a bunch of solutions on how to adjust some things I don't like to my liking, but there's still issues left that I'm thinking might be fixable with some help. Anyone that can help please feel free to chime in at anytime

1. Is it correct RIM has not included the awesome battery saving feature known as STANDBY? This seems impossible to believe, but I sure cant figure out how to get the phone into standby.

2. Seeing as it appears STANDBY has been eliminated, it sure would nice if I could at least AUTO LOCK the keyboard without having to press the button every single time. Is there really no AUTO LOCK option?

3. The virtual keyboard is insanely inadequate. I cannot believe how small the keys are. I can barely type a single word let alone a sentence. It sure would be nice to be able to completely disable the virtual keyboard since it is completely useless.

4. Im finding it very annoying how the phone keeps going into landscape mode when it is just very slightly off vertical. And then when I turn it back to totally vertical it will still not go out of landscape mode. I would love it if there was a way to completely disable LANDSCAPE MODE, since I have no use for it whatsoever.

I do like the Torch, but these four things are all very annoying to me. Any help greatly appreciated. I would say Im still on the fence as to whether or not Ill be keeping the Torch. I would say if maybe two of my four issues could be addressed I would probably keep it.

Tx for any help!
    08-14-10 10:15 AM
    Well the orientation issue, there's an app I downloaded which locks your orientation in either landscape or portrait. Just do a google search for it though I believe the app was made for the storm but works perfectly with my torch. Sorry I don't have the direct link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 11:14 AM
    Thank you for the help on issue #4! Got an app called stop lock for $1.99. Thats one problem solved. Took me a half hour to locate where the app got downloaded to, but hey it works. It ended up being in the application/media folder. I somehow got it moved over to the download folder now. But it absoultely will not let me move it to my home screen. Pretty gay, but at least it works. Thanks!
    Last edited by guffy111; 08-14-10 at 12:01 PM.
    08-14-10 11:56 AM
    On second thought, the app only works when on the home screen. If Im doing anything outside of my home screen it still rotates to landscape mode whenever it feels like it. No options anywhere that I can find.
    08-14-10 12:12 PM
    hey guys,

my bbm all of a sudden stopped showing my friends recent updates. i tried playing with the setting in the options of bbm but still nothing. i did a hard and soft reboot and still nothing. am i missing something here? is there a way to turn the recent update notifications back on?
    10-15-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD