They went with 1 key because when the Torch dock is used, it is in Landscape modr and would block the convenience key on that side.

Style also has 1 convenience key, but with QuickLaunch, that key opens QL, Camera, SprintNav, and Poynt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Storm's are docked just like the Torch. There's a little indention in the dock so the key doesn't get pushed. I don't think too many really use the phone when it's docked, especially needing an extra convenience key while it is.

Like you said, the Style only has one, that's not docked in landscape mode. I personally think it's pathetic that there's only one on the Torch and Style. I mean what's the big deal on adding one, almost all BlackBerry phones have had two in the past? (maybe even all, I'm not sure of some really old ones)

I'm not a Torch user, but I do use and love QuickLaunch as one of my convenience keys. My other is camera, but I usually use QuickLaunch to launch the camera anyway. It's just nice having the option...
    01-20-11 12:18 PM
    I have pattern lock set to it. Makes it easier for me to lock on the go.
    i do the same
    Just a tip...take it or leave it.
    Set Patterlock to start a second after the back-light goes off. Now when you press the Lock Key (top left) you invoke Pattern lock.
    Now you free up your Convenience key for something else.

Of coarse, this is no good for you, if you don't like the idea of Patternlock starting every time your screen back-light automatically times out.

cheers
    01-20-11 01:29 PM
    Just a tip...take it or leave it.
    Set Patterlock to start a second after the back-light goes off. Now when you press the Lock Key (top left) you invoke Pattern lock.
    Now you free up your Convenience key for something else.

Of coarse, this is no good for you, if you don't like the idea of Patternlock starting every time your screen back-light automatically times out.

cheers
    Thanks. But I don't always want to lock down my phone so having Patternlock set for when it times out can be a pain. I tried it at first though.
    01-20-11 03:10 PM
    I have it for video camera.
    Then I can just hit the space bar to
    turn it into a flashlight.
    01-20-11 05:41 PM
    I use the convenience key for CaptureIt.
    01-20-11 06:03 PM
    Definitely quicklaunch. From there I can open anything and everything. And I use it hourly from google maps (I own a pressure cleaning business so I gotta find some weird addresses) to the calculator, camera, flashlight, memory cleaner and event log, screen capture..yea pretty much everything lol

01-21-11 05:09 AM
    The Storm's are docked just like the Torch. There's a little indention in the dock so the key doesn't get pushed. I don't think too many really use the phone when it's docked, especially needing an extra convenience key while it is.

Like you said, the Style only has one, that's not docked in landscape mode. I personally think it's pathetic that there's only one on the Torch and Style. I mean what's the big deal on adding one, almost all BlackBerry phones have had two in the past? (maybe even all, I'm not sure of some really old ones)

I'm not a Torch user, but I do use and love QuickLaunch as one of my convenience keys. My other is camera, but I usually use QuickLaunch to launch the camera anyway. It's just nice having the option...
    Yeah, the single convenience key does seem to be silly after having dual keys for so long. I don't agree with what they've done in dropping one, just adapt to having one.

01-21-11 06:11 AM
    I use my convenience key to open QuickLaunch. I set it so when I double-click the convenience key the camera app opens, and if I triple-click it it opens PatternLock and locks my phone.
    01-21-11 11:00 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD