Hi,
    I have always preferred Poynt over any similar type program, by far. But I am not getting full functionality on the 9800. I trired a reinstall--These are the issues:

- It is not 100% touch-screen usable: When you pull up a list of locations, you can't just tap and open that location- you need to use the touchpad to highlight and then open.

-The biggest issue: the "map ROUTE" function doesn't work- it will find the location, but with my 9700 and 9000 it mapped the route using my choice of BB or Google maps. Doesn't go to the map with the blue-lined route on the 9800. Could it be AT&T? I know they blocked some navigation functions before to make you buy AT&T Navigator, but reinstalling the OS without the vendor module used to stop that.

Any similar problems/ input on fix?
    Gary
    08-30-10 09:07 AM
    Hi garpt,

We will be sending out a release very shortly that addresses Torch compatibility issues. Thanks for your continued interest!
    08-30-10 02:04 PM
    Hi,
    I have always preferred Poynt over any similar type program, by far. But I am not getting full functionality on the 9800. I trired a reinstall--These are the issues:

- It is not 100% touch-screen usable: When you pull up a list of locations, you can't just tap and open that location- you need to use the touchpad to highlight and then open.

Mine works fine. I touch the listing and the pop up menu comes up, but touch the listing again and it works.

-The biggest issue: the "map ROUTE" function doesn't work- it will find the location, but with my 9700 and 9000 it mapped the route using my choice of BB or Google maps. Doesn't go to the map with the blue-lined route on the 9800. Could it be AT&T? I know they blocked some navigation functions before to make you buy AT&T Navigator, but reinstalling the OS without the vendor module used to stop that.

When you touch a listing, and the menu window pops up, select 'Map Listing'. This will take you to Google Maps and show you the location. Then I guess you can route it using GM.

Gary
    Hope this helps
    08-30-10 02:23 PM
    Hi garpt,

We will be sending out a release very shortly that addresses Torch compatibility issues. Thanks for your continued interest!
    Im in canada and have been using and loving this porduct for a while now; just wondering if we (canada) will every get the gas feature.
    08-30-10 02:30 PM
    Thanks pwerry, for the response. So the POYNT developers are aware of these two issues with the Torch. Yes, you can go to a location on the map, but then have to go through several extra steps to actually map the route via GPS, instead of tapping the "map route" function. I'm glad that will be addressed, I really miss the power and functionality of that feature. I'll be watching for it.
    -GT
    08-30-10 05:21 PM
    Thanks pwerry, for the response. So the POYNT developers are aware of these two issues with the Torch. Yes, you can go to a location on the map, but then have to go through several extra steps to actually map the route via GPS, instead of tapping the "map route" function. I'm glad that will be addressed, I really miss the power and functionality of that feature. I'll be watching for it.
    -GT
    This next version will not only fix "Map Route" for BB Maps, but introduce the same feature for Google Maps as well

Stay tuned, we will post on the forum when the release goes live on App World and our website.
    08-31-10 12:42 AM
    is bb maps any good? never used it... dont even know where it's located on my phone, lol
    08-31-10 11:00 AM
    bb maps by default is not fully included in the At&t branded blackberryies (they want you to use navigator). the torch does use bb maps for the insert my location feature in text messages. here is the link to download the bbmaps full program

http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad
    08-31-10 11:57 AM
    Hello there a little help please

I was having installed poynt when i did a new OS update and my poynt was working, after the OS install my APP Poynt now have a problem it cant find the weather and also when im trying to find business or use the service it give me a error "Connection Failed" Could not find Poynt Service. Please contact support.
    I installed and uninstal several times and i did a battery pull so many times

Any idea why it give me this error and how i would make it work again please and thank you.

Poynt Version 1.6.0.71
    OS 6.0.0.337
    PF 6.4.0.142
    BB Torch 9800
    Last edited by zoom--zoom; 11-13-10 at 12:03 PM.
    11-13-10 12:00 PM
    Hello there a little help please

I was having installed poynt when i did a new OS update and my poynt was working, after the OS install my APP Poynt now have a problem it cant find the weather and also when im trying to find business or use the service it give me a error "Connection Failed" Could not find Poynt Service. Please contact support.
    I installed and uninstal several times and i did a battery pull so many times

Any idea why it give me this error and how i would make it work again please and thank you.

Poynt Version 1.6.0.71
    OS 6.0.0.337
    PF 6.4.0.142
    BB Torch 9800
    Is your GPS turned on in your device's "Location Settings" ?
    11-13-10 12:21 PM
    yes it is all what i was thinking this APP need is on i might think it is something about the app or the server
    11-13-10 12:34 PM
    Poynt is working fine for me right now and I have the same version as you.
    11-13-10 12:39 PM
    Im glad to hear, that but is not working for me it would be grate if it was working for me to like it use to do
    11-13-10 12:57 PM
    Oh crap im upset now i cant find a way to fix my poynt APP any one can help me with it ?

Ill send you a Kandy or a beer
    11-13-10 01:28 PM
    Probably a stupid question but do you have internet service? When you open your browser, can you get on a web site?
    (I want to help so I can get some candy and beer )
    11-13-10 01:48 PM
    anyone have problems using the Reverse phone number look up?
    11-13-10 02:01 PM
    No i dont have Internet connection i cant use browse if my WYFI is off and i discover now poynt works only if i have WYFI on if is in 3g is no longer work before it was working, now Kaput is not working any more and to be honest is useless if i cant use it over 3G network

@teamfoster03
    i didn't use that option i will try to see
    11-14-10 12:59 AM
    any ideea how i can make my point to work again in 3g ??

please and thank you
    11-14-10 04:24 PM
    Hi,

Gary
    I found a new problem. When I search a business or restaurant and try to use the call function directly from the link it won't let me call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD