CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch Power Problems

Hey I have had a blackberry torch 9800 for over a year and 4 months. I got two blackberry devices, one I use for work and the other for school and other occasions. The torch is the one i use for school and stuff and its been turned off for a couple of days. and now I have a problem, that it wont power back on.

Any ideas why the phone wont turn back on. The phone is in mint condition and nothing should be broke on or in the phone considering it has never been dropped or any thing

ideas?
    Ankerstein69
    Banned

PIN
    che gringo

Have you tried charging it?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

of course I have tried charging it... I tried battery pull and nothing
    Ankerstein69
    CrackBerry Genius

Hmm. This isn't the first time I've seen people post issues like this. What I would suggest is take out your battery, and then plug the phone via usb into the computer, and see if it is detected, and whether an empty battery sign shows up on the screen. If either of those are true, then the phone itself is fine. Next, with the battery still out, try to use RIM loader to load a new OS onto it. It is possible the RAM image may not be working right. If that is the case, then reloading the new OS and flashing the new RAM image will fix this problem. After the loader says waiting for device initiation, plug in the battery at this point, and cross your fingers. The LED should go red, then off, then the screen should come on.