I just recieved my Telus 9800 yesterday, I love it! I quickly noticed that pictures appear a lot less sharp than the 9700 Bold. Makes sense, same resolution bigger screne. The think that's odd is: if you pinch zoom IN, it takes a second but the picture becomes much sharper. I would expected the opposite. So why is that, it would be nice to view a picture at it's sharpest staight away without the pinch.

Any thoughts?
    11-25-10 07:19 PM
    ^ wait until you view it on the desktop/laptop where it's the sharpest.
    depending on the file size which can be a factor too.
    are you maximizing the whole 5 megapixels?
    11-25-10 07:32 PM
    I agree the pictures look way better on desktop ****.
    11-25-10 08:11 PM
    So why is that, it would be nice to view a picture at it's sharpest staight away without the pinch.

Any thoughts?
    Welcome to Crackberry Reipan

It is my understanding that the picture loads faster when the quality is slightly diminished. I take pictures as a hobby and somewhat a part-time job, when I shoot in a RAW file format the file size is pretty large. So, when I view those on my computer it takes a bit for the picture to fully sharpen and clarify. Which is nice sometimes so when I am flipping through the pictures there is very little load time and lag.

Just my thought/understanding. I hope you enjoy your stay in the Crackberry Nation.
    11-26-10 01:30 AM
    Thanks everyone for responding, I was refering more to the viewing of images on the phone it self. I'm finding if I scroll though images and stop, give it a chance to sharpen, it doesn't. If I pinch zoom in, give it a chance to sharpen it does.

No a big deal, I just found it odd
    11-26-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD