Hi All,

Loving my torch 9800 so far but have a question.

When I get a text message I get the notification in that space beside the search bar, same for any message indicator. The problem is that I can't seem to clear my text messaging ones, but the other indicators go away after I read the message.

Anyone else have this problem, or know of a way to fix it? Battery pull/quickpull does the trick but is annoying to do 4-6 times a day.....

Thanks in advance!
    10-18-10 02:22 PM
    Quick question..after reading your message are you just hitting the end key (hang up key) or are you backing out using the arrow key? I've found with things like BBM and SMS if i read the new message and just End out of the screen, my notification will still be there, however if I back out of the message and then hit end it will usually be gone.
    10-18-10 02:49 PM
    I used to do that, but found it didn't work that well.

What I do is I have all my corporate email sent to my berry via text messages (My company is too cheap for a BES) and as such every email comes across as two text messages. I get dozens of messages an hour, so the bar fills up quickly.

I have tried deleting the text messages, and even after I do I get the notification still there. When I select one of them it takes me to a new text message, no typing?

Very strange...
    10-18-10 02:53 PM
    I used to do that, but found it didn't work that well.

What I do is I have all my corporate email sent to my berry via text messages (My company is too cheap for a BES) and as such every email comes across as two text messages. I get dozens of messages an hour, so the bar fills up quickly.

I have tried deleting the text messages, and even after I do I get the notification still there. When I select one of them it takes me to a new text message, no typing?

Very strange...
    Hmm..i'm no expert..but I think if you're deleting the message without even reading it, it could be causing it to glitch in the notifications. Like I said, i've found that if i read a message and just hit End..it will still appear in my notifications. This may be a bug in the OS, i'm not sure..as I had this same issue occasionally on my Storm with BBM..so i got in the habit of backing out of the message and then hitting end (moreso when i'm already in a current conversation, and I read the new message from the same contact while already in the SMS or BBM program..if i just hit end it will react as if I haven't read the message yet)
    10-18-10 03:00 PM
    I tried reading the message before I deleted it - same result.
    10-18-10 03:01 PM
    I tried reading the message before I deleted it - same result.
    same thing happening here,very annoying trying to delete the thing but it will not delete
    10-18-10 03:12 PM
    Yea..not sure what to suggest here guys. Have you tried going into your Options while in the text messages? There is a Notifications section that allows you to Confirm Read, Confirm Delivery, Allow Read Confirmation etc. Maybe these might be the answer..
    10-18-10 03:31 PM
    Yea..not sure what to suggest here guys. Have you tried going into your Options while in the text messages? There is a Notifications section that allows you to Confirm Read, Confirm Delivery, Allow Read Confirmation etc. Maybe these might be the answer..
    Ive tried that and still couldn't find nothing to delete/end convo and such
    10-18-10 03:33 PM
    I've also tried that and had no luck...
    10-18-10 05:32 PM
    Yeah, I'e noticed the same too. Plus, when I receive an IM, it shows in tthe status bar but nothing shows up when I expand the list.
    Last edited by sylvaing; 10-18-10 at 08:25 PM.
    10-18-10 08:22 PM
    Try accessing the message via the actual message application rather than the notification bar. I had a similar issue with Buzzme, whereby led alerts were stopped by opening the application only.
    10-19-10 04:12 AM
    I'm getting the same thing with the SMS messages every so often. It isn't consistent though. I have only had 4 messages that I had to do a battery pull on.

Hopefully be fixed in next OS update.
    10-19-10 05:37 AM
    I'm wondering if your sending messages to your "messages" folder also? Have you tried checking that folder? Perhaps your viewing them in the txt message icon but still showing as unread in the messages folder? I'm not sure how you have yours setup, but I separate txt messages from my email into separate folders. I know some people just use the messages folder to view all messages. Other then that, I have no clue. Clicking the notification bar to view any message(be it BBM, email, or txt/mms message) the icon goes away.
    10-19-10 06:30 AM
    I use the email folder for all my email accounts and hide the individual ones. The SMS just come to the SMS folder, so there is nowhere else for them to go.
    When I check in the SMS folder there are no unread messages.

When you open the message from the notification bar, it just opens up a blank message. When you type in to send it it just loops to let u type in again.
    10-19-10 06:57 AM
    No I'm also reading the messages through the normal SMS button, and then deleting them. Still appear in the notifications bar, but only sometimes...Very strange.
    10-20-10 09:47 AM
    No I'm also reading the messages through the normal SMS button, and then deleting them. Still appear in the notifications bar, but only sometimes...Very strange.
    Yes...but are your SMS messages also being designated to go to the Messages folder? If they are going to both folders..it may be the reason why you're still getting the icons showing up (because they're essentially sitting in your Messages folder unread)
    10-20-10 11:10 AM
    has anyone figured out how get read of the messages saved in the notification tab, i also have recent calls that are still saved in the notic. menu and cant find a way to delete them.
    11-13-10 02:31 AM
    has anyone figured out how get read of the messages saved in the notification tab, i also have recent calls that are still saved in the notic. menu and cant find a way to delete them.
    Do you have your missed calls set up to log in your Messages folder? If so..then you will still need to go into your Messages folder and click on each missed call in order to get rid of the notification. You may also need to go to your Call log and click each missed call. Also..as a general rule of thumb..after reading any kind of message..you should use the Back button to get out of the message..be it a text, bbm, email, missed call etc. I've found if I look at a message and just use the End key to back out..then it acts like I haven't read the message..but if I use the Back key..it always works.
    11-13-10 07:51 AM
    Do you have your missed calls set up to log in your Messages folder? If so..then you will still need to go into your Messages folder and click on each missed call in order to get rid of the notification. You may also need to go to your Call log and click each missed call. Also..as a general rule of thumb..after reading any kind of message..you should use the Back button to get out of the message..be it a text, bbm, email, missed call etc. I've found if I look at a message and just use the End key to back out..then it acts like I haven't read the message..but if I use the Back key..it always works.
    nope missed calls dont go in messages folder..seems the only way to delete them from the notification log is too delete my whole call log
    11-15-10 02:38 AM
    no they are not by default but you can send missed calls to Messages. It is in the call log/phone options. Even then you can clear the notif by looking at missed calls in the call log... open all unopened missed calls individually.
    11-15-10 02:49 AM
    I only have that problem when I get texts from fb... nothing a battery pull wont fix =)
    11-15-10 10:03 AM
    I have the same problem from FB notifications. Sometimes I can delete them, sometimes not. I am running .337.
    11-15-10 11:08 AM
    also experiencing the same thing. but in addition my fb notifications dont come up in the messages section unless i do a battery pull.

think this is a bug for .337 OS as it never happened to me with the previous OS .284.

i even wiped my phone twice to see if it helps and it comes back.
    11-16-10 11:37 PM
    I have searched forum and this thread best fits my problem...I too currently have notification at top of screen informing of 2 messages and I can't find and make go away. I have 2 email accounts and text messages that use said notification. I am also confused as to why when I open messages icon I see texts that I sent 4-5 times? Ex. I sent a text @ 10 this morning and when I open both messages and test message icon I see that text once under 11/17 and then 4x's under 11/16? This is under both icons, therefore I believe it is a text set-up issue and wonder if it is related to my lingering message notifications?
    11-17-10 11:03 AM
    I thought I was crazy on the notifications not going away, but what I have noticed (and now they go away), is if you click on the icon the screen drops down to show you the notification (ie: text) if you click on the Text Messages icon, it will take you to the messages and let you open the message but NOT get rid of the notification.

So my screen is displayed like this:
    (txt msg icon) Text Messages (1 Unread)
    11:49p +1121611611

HOWEVER, if you click on the line below the text message icon
    the 2nd line (11:49p +1121611611),
    this takes you directly to the msg and will get rid of the notification.

and just as an fyi i've really only noticed this with missed calls and texts, haven't really had the phone long enough to know about the others, but thought this might be of some help.

-K
    11-19-10 11:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD