My wife is having problems with her Torch 9800. She says it often fails to log into the local wireless network (AT&T) and needs to be restarted frequently until it does. Another issue is that her bluetooth device (a Jabra, which is new) disconnects frequently. She's screaming for a new phone but I think there is a software problem, possibly a corrupt operating system. I have an identical 9800 and don't have any of these problems.

I have not yet paired her bluetooth headset to my phone, but I'm 98% sure if I did, there would be no problems.

I've connected the offending phone via the Blackberry desktop application for updates but it was all current. I don't see any options to fix or reload the operating system.

Last resort will be to get her a new phone, but she likes the physical keyboard of the Torch and the only alternative would be the Q10, which will cost us bucks. She is not a power user, only uses the phone to talk, text, take the occasional picture, and check the weather. Seems a waste to shell out $250 for that.

Any advice for me out there?
    11-28-13 08:44 AM
    OS 6 gets flakes after a while. I suggest you do a reload with selective restore http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ustria-760905/
    11-28-13 11:23 AM
    Thank you.

Is there a thread that tells me how to reload the operating system and a link to a site for a North American version of the OS?
    11-29-13 09:51 PM
    Hi Wayne, the link has the latest official OS available and instructions provided underneath...
    11-29-13 10:09 PM