Woke up today and Phone was 'dead' which was strange seeing as I had charged it before going to bed. It would not turn on, I had to do a battery pull and then plug the charger up, and it eventually came on. Wierd! but I thought whatever!

Now at work, phone just gave me the message 'battery drained shutting down device' ?????

Is there something wrong with my phone or is this a battery issue???

I plugged it up to my charger just to get it to come on and looked at the battery status and it says i am at 30%, which is low but definitely not drained. I've been lower and still talked/text/bbm with low battery.

Is anyone else having the same issue??????
    09-22-10 11:36 AM
    Which os you running. I'm having issue with 246. Drains my battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 11:48 AM
    Woke up today and Phone was 'dead' which was strange seeing as I had charged it before going to bed. It would not turn on, I had to do a battery pull and then plug the charger up, and it eventually came on. Wierd! but I thought whatever!

Now at work, phone just gave me the message 'battery drained shutting down device' ?????

Is there something wrong with my phone or is this a battery issue???

I plugged it up to my charger just to get it to come on and looked at the battery status and it says i am at 30%, which is low but definitely not drained. I've been lower and still talked/text/bbm with low battery.

Is anyone else having the same issue??????

I haven't had your issue, but something doesn't sound right. I assume you have been doing daily charging? How long do you normally charge it for? You've done a battery pull, so maybe it was just a "hiccup". BTW, do you use MeterBerry?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I did have battery issues on my launch day Torch - I exchanged it and all is well.
    Last edited by ibcop; 09-22-10 at 11:52 AM.
    09-22-10 11:49 AM
    Which os you running. I'm having issue with 246. Drains my battery.

Yep, me too. I noticed yesterday I was getting crappy battery life so I am going to return to .225.
    09-22-10 11:50 AM
    Once I put back .225 the battery life went back to normal which last the entire day with wifi on and watching videos.

09-22-10 11:56 AM
    Once I put back .225 the battery life went back to normal which last the entire day with wifi on and watching videos.

Cool - thanks for the info.
    09-22-10 12:04 PM
    I'm still on the original torch os 6.0.0.141

last night was the first time something this strange has happened. Yes I do daily charging and I take it off once charging is complete.

It's just weird that it would go dead before the battery status ever becoming red, and draining at 30%.

I don't have meterberry installed, but if it's going to help I will download it.
    09-22-10 12:15 PM
    thought it was just me as well. I'm on .246 and realized the same problem.

However today is a bit different, I am down to 10% without issue. The only difference for me was to completely suspend/close off Google maps. We need a better battery status though. It turns red below 10%, 9% and counting down
    Last edited by ciscobear; 09-28-10 at 05:50 PM.
    09-28-10 05:36 PM
    Be careful you don't leave apps running.
    Something like what you mentioned happened to me once - I hadn't realised I'd left Google Maps running.
    09-28-10 05:42 PM
    Agreed but I never had this issue on my 8900, Google maps used to be on all the time. Maybe 4.4 of Gmaps isn't quite ready for OS6 possibly?

Currently at 7% and phone is working fine, youtube'ing, wifi and GPRS still on. BBM'ing like crazy.
    09-28-10 06:26 PM
    Yeah, Google Maps has been a bit pokey on the Torch...
    09-29-10 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD