I have a new Blackberry Torch , i'm having problems with text messages being lost or just dissapearing from the inbox at random...it's brand new , hardly any apps , no pictures in the memory so I know it can't be that...I've done a hard reset & am running Version6 Bundle 695...

Many thanks for any tips!

best
    Derek
    10-29-10 09:15 AM
    im going to bump this thread since I haven't seen it answered anywhere and the same thing happened to me. I receive the text, and can read it partially in the text message list before I open it, but once I open it, the text is blank, but when I close it, I can still see the partial text in the text list....

And I just bought the torch brand new 2 weeks ago.

Help please.
    02-26-11 03:15 PM
    I'd be really interested to know why this is happening because the same thing happened to me this morning.
    I received a text this morning but when I went to look for it in my Inbox there was nothing there, and there wasn't any previous texts from that person who had sent me the text. However when I use the search function on the phone it brings up the text that was sent this morning and all the old texts, when I click to view them it just takes me to a blank text message.
    I've rebooted the phone twice now and still nothing. I've since been receiving texts from the same person and other people, the texts from this person have still been wiped which is really annoying!
    Please can someone shed some light on why this is happening? Up until now I've been really happy with my phone but worried this will continue to happen. I've had the phone less than 2 weeks.
    03-03-11 02:54 AM
    Bundle 695 I believe is os build .246. First I would update your phone to either build .448, or .450. Once that's complete, let us know if the text message bug is still there.

If you need help with updating the phone, there are a lot of threads on the forum already explaining how to go through the update process. If you're still stuck, post back and we'll help as best we can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 03:09 AM
    I don't know if this is what you're asking for, but there is a way to keep all your messages ranging from 15 days to Forever. For this go to your Messages folder > press the BB key > select Options > select Message Display and Actions > Scroll down to the very bottom where it says "Days to Keep Messages" and select "Forever". Then you are guaranteed that no messages disappear unless YOU delete them. Hope this helps.

03-03-11 07:23 AM
    This has also been happening to me, just not that often and I keep forgetting to make a post/thread about it. Usually I can read enough of it to get the gist of the text, and be able to respond with a new text, but it does get annoying when it occurs. I am still running the stock .246 though on it since I can't find a Mac-compatible file to get .448 or .450.
    03-03-11 01:24 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It's driving me nuts!!!
    03-03-11 09:00 PM
    It's probably fixed with .448 or .450, I just haven't ventured to update mine yet.
    03-03-11 09:03 PM
    I had this happen when I went from 141 to 246. It only happened a few times. I went up to 337 and it hasn't happened since. Haven't seen many posts on this issue but I agree that the OP and others on 246 should upgrade to a newer OS version. My guess is that will fix the issue.

03-03-11 09:51 PM
    I just had this happen to me too. Did the same and rebooted still nothing. But I deleted the thread and asked the person to text again and that seemed to do the trick. Hopefully it works for you guys too

04-07-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD