I am using a Curve 8900 since 1 year and I am addicted to it: For business use there cannot be an alternative, even if its web-browser is non-existant, compared with an iPhone or iPod-Touch.
    The Torch came with better hope. I only touched it once yesterday and it feels great, solid, right size and everything. However: RIM is a great company with great designs and their keyboard has been their battle horse: Why had they to launch a new design with so flat recessed keys that confusion is pre-programmed. They must re-design their keyboard. The keys have to come out stronger to avoid miss-typing. Otherwise I stick with my Curve. By the way: the best and safest keyboard I ever experienced was a Palm Treo 650 of 2004. Why can't they stick with the classics?
    10-13-10 05:33 AM
    They need the keyboard to slide under so they were forced to make it flatter.

RIM: "Sorry sir."

They did their best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 05:35 AM
    The keyboard feels fine to me. Any keyboard will require some adjusting to.
    10-13-10 05:46 AM
    Took me one week, but have totally adjusted to the torch coming from a 9000. I find I type more now with the points of my fingers, as opposed to the flat part.
    Nwo I nvre mske mstaaks!

10-13-10 05:59 AM
    I loved the keyboard on my 8310 - there is something about that tiny separation between the keys that just worked perfectly for me.
    I had the tiniest adjustment to the Torch. Strangely, my husband adjusted better than I did, even with his fat bassist fingers! He'd come from a 9000.
    I love the keyboard on the Torch now. I type just as fast as with my other Bberries. But I do see the OP's point.

10-13-10 06:03 AM
    The keyboard feels fine to me. Any keyboard will require some adjusting to.
    I fully agree with this. I love the keyboard, its easy to use
    10-13-10 06:03 AM
    I am using a Curve 8900 since 1 year and I am addicted to it: For business use there cannot be an alternative, even if its web-browser is non-existant, compared with an iPhone or iPod-Touch.
    The Torch came with better hope. I only touched it once yesterday and it feels great, solid, right size and everything. However: RIM is a great company with great designs and their keyboard has been their battle horse: Why had they to launch a new design with so flat recessed keys that confusion is pre-programmed. They must re-design their keyboard. The keys have to come out stronger to avoid miss-typing. Otherwise I stick with my Curve. By the way: the best and safest keyboard I ever experienced was a Palm Treo 650 of 2004. Why can't they stick with the classics?

I had a hard time getting used to the keyboard for about 2 days, I was questioning how wise was this decision, but after 4 days ONLY using my torch and not bouncing back and forward between the Torch and the Curve 9300, I can't get over how much I love the Torch keyboard and how it feels.

I loved the keyboard on my 8310 - there is something about that tiny separation between the keys that just worked perfectly for me.
    I had the tiniest adjustment to the Torch. Strangely, my husband adjusted better than I did, even with his fat bassist fingers! He'd come from a 9000.
    I love the keyboard on the Torch now. I type just as fast as with my other Bberries. But I do see the OP's point.

I really liked the 8330 keyboard as well, it just felt better than the 9300/8530 keyboards, but I am much more partial to my 9630 Tour keyboard, though the Torch might actually surpass that.
    10-13-10 06:52 AM
    I moved from Bold 9000, to 9700 and now to Torch 9800.

I have enjoyed using all those keyboards. I found my transition from 9700 to 9800 very easy. Even though I believe the Torch keyboard is slightly smaller, thinner, it's still a wonder to type on.
    10-13-10 07:52 AM
    Personally, I love the keyboard. I thought I was going to have a hard time adjusting considering that I came from the Bold 9000 which has the biggest of all the BB's, but the Torch is truly amazing. I love the way it feels. Now the virtual keyboard is another story... I'm having a tough time getting used to it and no matter how hard I try not to pop open the slider, I always end up giving in cause I can go so much faster on the physical keyboard.
    10-13-10 08:39 AM
    The issue is that the OP is coming from a Curve which has a very different keyboard than the Bold series (that the Torch is modeled on). The Curve has individual 'chiclet' style buttons, whereas the Bold keys are touching in one long row.

I personally much prefer the Bold/Torch style over the Curve as I find my finger slides off the chiclet keys. Just a matter of getting used to it.
    10-13-10 09:32 AM
    Yep...moving from a 9000 to Torch keyboard was no hassle at all! At first glance I was skeptical though...they really do appear impossible to use.

10-13-10 10:31 AM
    Took me one week, but have totally adjusted to the torch coming from a 9000. I find I type more now with the points of my fingers, as opposed to the flat part.
    Nwo I nvre mske mstaaks!

I thought this was hilarious. hahaa

10-13-10 10:46 AM
    The issue is that the OP is coming from a Curve which has a very different keyboard than the Bold series (that the Torch is modeled on). The Curve has individual 'chiclet' style buttons, whereas the Bold keys are touching in one long row.

I personally much prefer the Bold/Torch style over the Curve as I find my finger slides off the chiclet keys. Just a matter of getting used to it.
    I came over from a curve 8330, and it only took a day or so to get accustomed to the 9800 keyboard. Although I am still occasionally prone to double clicking a character, most notably the "a". I'm about as fast as I used to be on the curve, now. Surprisingly, I've adjusted to using the virtual keyboard better than I thought I would have and enjoy typing on that as well, in "landscape" mode that is.

10-13-10 10:52 AM
    I had the curve 8900 before switching to the torch and it took no time at all in getting used to the keyboard. I find now that I use the touch screen keyboard more then the external one haha
    10-13-10 11:58 AM
    I came over from a curve 8330, and it only took a day or so to get accustomed to the 9800 keyboard. Although I am still occasionally prone to double clicking a character, most notably the "a". I'm about as fast as I used to be on the curve, now. Surprisingly, I've adjusted to using the virtual keyboard better than I thought I would have and enjoy typing on that as well, in "landscape" mode that is.
    I went from a Bold 9000 to the S2. Got super fast tying in portrait using the sure type layout. Only run into issues with strange words and have to flip to landscape or slide open the keyboard. Am lightning fast on that landscape though
    10-13-10 12:28 PM
    Nwo I nvre mske mstaaks!

I went from a Bold 9000 to a torch and I find it difficult to get used to. I've only had it for 5 days now but some of the keys don't even give back a clickable feedback, they just depress. That is the only annoying part and it's only on a few keys. The torch keyboard just doesn't feel as good as the Bold.
    10-13-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD